Author Topic: New Year Resolution  (Read 1834 times)

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
New Year Resolution
« on: January 02, 2016, 01:15:26 AM »
This year I will try and get more bench time then what I did last year and get something actually done ! Very slow building last year and I find myself missing the relaxing time it produces and adding to the stash , this is a given ..

What's yours ?

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline kornbeef

• U.K. Carpet monster genocide squad leader.
Re: New Year Resolution
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2016, 04:05:02 AM »
Terri,

Mine is to actually finish something! :-[

More than a handul of WNW kits in various states of completion, a few WWI armour kits the same, An Aussie Vietnam Centurion. A 1:16th Pzr IV & 2 1:35 PT boats amongst my haul of shame ::).

I've sworn not to start my Albatros B.II until at least two of the WNW kits are at a state of completion...

Keith
Never too old to learn sumfink noo

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2016, 05:31:47 PM »
Well, in a way, you've both said it for me too. I'm determined actually to finish some of the Great War projects I've had under way. The main fly in the ointment has been frustration with the old CS Taube, but I'm determined to get there.

Best wishes
Nogel

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2016, 11:06:30 PM »
Mine would be to try to do LAST YEARS resolutions  :-[
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2016, 11:08:12 PM »
Usually the only resolution I am sure to keep is not to make any, but in a perfect
world, I would say to try and make more time for my modeling, which usually
progresses at a Snail's pace. ::) ;D  Happy new year Terri, my friend.

Cheers,
Ernie
The new old guy, take two...

WarrenD

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2016, 01:15:24 AM »
I made that resolution last year, but I fell far, far short. Although, I do plead some serious real life issues that played into that.

Here's my resolution: to not only finish something, or finish more, but make sure I encourage and support my friends to do so.

Warren

mike in calif

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2016, 02:12:43 AM »
Terri, I'm right there with you. I'd like to get more built for me, and in the case.
 I do have to get going on a CVA-9 USS Essex for my dad though. So, I guess that'd be the priority, but some WNW single seaters are up there also.

Offline Pgtaylorart

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2016, 03:09:07 AM »
After thinking a bit about New Years Resolutions, mine is to have more fun and enjoy my modeling. Take the pressure off and don't worry about bouncing around from project to project. As long as I'm putting in modeling time, it doesn't matter if I finish one project or another in a specified time. I find myself actually stressing about finishing this or that, which can take the fun out of it. The models eventually get done, but I gotta allow myself to bounce around a bit more and just let it flow. Yeah, this kinda sounds like the opposite of most peoples resolutions, but it's more about the act of sitting down at the bench and modeling than getting a job done. :)

George

Offline hiddeous1973

• Don't worry, Baldrick has a cunning plan !!
« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2016, 04:14:20 AM »
After moving house and setting up a new desk, I have decided to do a few challenges this year..
The first will start in a 2 weeks time, when I have a ordered vacation  (my boss says I have too many days over from lasr year :) :) :) ) and I will be doing a speed run, building a complete WNW in that time!
If I can do a 1/48 Eduard weekend edition in an actual weekend, this must also be possible...

But most importantly, I have decided that for the first time in many, many years, I will build more than I buy....

I have said this out load, so it must be true...

Offline LukasTheLight

• Addicted to Wingnuts...
« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2016, 10:18:28 AM »
Hi!!!

Well, I don't do new year's resolutions but in spirit of this forum I will make one "special" one for this site - join and finish group build for 2016 whatever it is - it will be my first group build so that should inspire me :D

Cheerio
Lukas
"Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines.
They Can Fly Upside Down With Their Feet In The Air.
They Don't Think of Danger. They Really Don't Care.
Newton Would Think He Had Made A Mistake."

Lukas

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2016, 03:54:14 PM »

Well, I don't do new year's resolutions but in spirit of this forum I will make one "special" one for this site -

I never make them because I never keep them, but I resolve to finish the 3 models that have been languishing on the corner of my work bench for the past 3 years; two Halberstadt Cl.IV's and a SPAD 13.  I'm glad this forum has a "remove post" feature, so I can go back later and delete all this and by the end of the year, no one will remember.  ;)
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2016, 01:19:29 AM »

Well, I don't do new year's resolutions but in spirit of this forum I will make one "special" one for this site -

I never make them because I never keep them, but I resolve to finish the 3 models that have been languishing on the corner of my work bench for the past 3 years; two Halberstadt Cl.IV's and a SPAD 13.  I'm glad this forum has a "remove post" feature, so I can go back later and delete all this and by the end of the year, no one will remember.  ;)
Cheers,
Bud

I am going to copy and paste this to my works program so I can bring it up at the end of the year Amigo!
RAGIII
« Last Edit: January 04, 2016, 01:34:46 AM by RAGIII »
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline ondra

« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2016, 01:31:05 AM »
My resolution is the same as last year - having fun with modelling. Which means every new build has to be better than the previous ones and feature something new. That is the fun about it for me.

Cheers.

Ondra