Author Topic: The White Company - A Box Diorama  (Read 1591 times)

Offline Pgtaylorart

Re: The White Company - A Box Diorama
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2015, 03:24:53 AM »
Thanks guys....this is much appreciated.

Mark, we are brothers in this....I just saw Andrew Wyeth's Christina's World at MoMA last Friday. And here's a story that will make you weep: several years ago my wife and I were considering buying a house in Chadd's Ford, PA. It was on Ring Road just past Kuerner's Farm, where A.W. worked as a teen and which he painted many times. The old stone house was built in 1751, but had been modernised and was in terrific shape. It was just a scant mile from the Brandywine museum and had been visited many times by all the Wyeths, the present owners having been long time friends of the family. There were four wooded acres with two ponds and every inch of it looked like a setting for an NC Wyeth illustration...who knows...it may well have been. Sadly, we just couldn't make the numbers work. It's one of those things that I believe will haunt me all my life.

Yes, Mark is right.......by all means, anyone visiting that area ought to go see the Brandywine Museum and Winterthur, an amazing house museum, is nearby. The whole area is gorgeous, full of history and less than an hour from Philly.

Cheers,
Michael

Ok, now I'm envious! I would love to visit the Brandywine. NC is one of my favorite artists! You finally made me realize, Michael, that I am on the wrong coast!

George

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2015, 04:49:54 AM »
Michael,
    That is truly magnificent! I'm not a big fan of "coffee table books" however my Andrew Wyeth one has been an often browsed one for many, many years, Christina's World being one of my favorite works. I really enjoyed hearing this little "Tale"!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2015, 05:51:57 AM »
A beautiful piece of work Machael! Brilliant to say the least!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler