Author Topic: 1/48 Smer SE5a  (Read 9025 times)

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Re: 1/48 Smer SE5a
« Reply #90 on: January 05, 2016, 11:20:18 AM »
Not sure there is lot's of WW1 accessories out there for doing dioramas . What type of items are you looking for ?

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline davecww1

« Reply #91 on: January 05, 2016, 11:42:42 AM »
Hi Toby, not much available in 1/48 for diorama accessories, although the Eduard RFC Personnel set is a good start:  http://www.internetmodeler.com/2006/march/first-looks/eduard_brits.php

Another useful place to look is in O scale model railroading parts, I'm sure looking online at places like Walthers will let you find a large selection of gas cans, barrels and tools, although finding what would be useful for WW1 would be a challenging project.

Hope that helps.
Dave C

Offline TobyCoulson

« Reply #92 on: January 05, 2016, 05:15:55 PM »
Not sure there is lot's of WW1 accessories out there for doing dioramas . What type of items are you looking for ?

Terri
I was thinking of some refuelling rigs and I've managed to find some from CMK. Maybe a tent  or  mobile kitchen as well
Ale should be drunk out of a glass. Lager should be drunk out of desperation

Offline TobyCoulson

« Reply #93 on: January 05, 2016, 05:17:04 PM »
Hi Toby, not much available in 1/48 for diorama accessories, although the Eduard RFC Personnel set is a good start:  http://www.internetmodeler.com/2006/march/first-looks/eduard_brits.php

Another useful place to look is in O scale model railroading parts, I'm sure looking online at places like Walthers will let you find a large selection of gas cans, barrels and tools, although finding what would be useful for WW1 would be a challenging project.

Hope that helps.
Dave C
Hadn't thought about O gauge. I was always OO when I was a lad. Thanks will investigate

Offline TobyCoulson

« Reply #94 on: January 05, 2016, 05:19:38 PM »
Toby,
Now that's a real beauty my old friend. You know at some point in the future I'd love to see you build another SE-5a from the same kit. I've a feeling the more you build and learn the the better the finished project will be. Looking forward to whatever the next project may be.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
I think I'll give the Smer SE5a a miss after this. :o I do have one of their Ansaldos but I'm planning on doing a captured Albatros D.V. (1/48 Eduard) with decals from Pheon. Just need to workout which lozenge patterns I need.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #95 on: January 06, 2016, 06:19:34 AM »
Nicely done as I have said previously. You made an Old Relic of a kit look pretty darn good! Thanks for sharing your build log. I am looking forward to the Albatros Build!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline xmald

« Reply #96 on: January 07, 2016, 02:22:10 AM »
Nicely done! I remember myself building one 25 years ago... Yours is trully great!
Best regards
Filip