Author Topic: Ordering D.VII parts from Taurus....  (Read 1280 times)

Michael Scarborough

Ordering D.VII parts from Taurus....
« on: December 03, 2014, 05:59:29 AM »
Hello, all,

Looking ahead to some far less busy and strenuous time next month, I plan to start an OAW Fokker D.VII following this next Pup.

I have asked Lukasz for a list of all the parts I need to upgrade the WnW D. VII engine but if there are any other parts he has that I can use in this build, will someone please let me know. Aren't there some sort of cowling fasteners?

For the engine he recommends:3209, 3220, 3211, 3224 and 3223.

Other after market.....
I got the HGW set for the Pup and it has come in quite handy so I will probably do the same for the D.VII.

Guns:.....the two sets most talked about seem to be Master and Gaspatch. Thoughts?

DEE-cals: Everyone seems in accord re: Aviattic. I will be doing the Leusch markings (sorta) so I assume the lozenge from Aviattic will be what I want.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks to all in advance!

Cheers from NYC,
Michael

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
Re: Ordering D.VII parts from Taurus....
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 08:09:22 AM »
Micheal, in my not so humble opinion (thought I'd try and beat you to the punch on that one), the Gaspatch guns are, by far, the best on the market.  Prior to their release, the Master barrels were the best.  They're still superb, but you have to use the kit breach and some assembly is required.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 08:35:22 AM »
I fully agree with Bud, the GasPatch guns are unbeatable, as are all the Taurus accessories, GasPatch turnbuckles, Aviattic decals, HGW seat belts, all brilliant products. We certainly are very spoilt with all these aftermarket accessories.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 08:50:26 AM »
Master barrels are undoubtably better than those on the Gaspatch 3d printed items, but the latter are still very good. The Gaspatch Spandau breech is infinitely better than the kit's lump of cheese. The ultimate would be to graft the Master barrels onto the Gaspatch breeches. Weirdly, the WNW Fokker Spandaus are softer than the basically identical parts on the WNW Albatros D.V / D.Va. Go figure.

RB production belts have better PE than the HGW items, but the HGW faux micro fabric gets the nod over RBs colored paper. RB prod makes D.VII radiator grillz too.

Michael Scarborough

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2014, 08:56:30 AM »
OK, thanks guys! Much appreciated.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2014, 09:47:37 AM »
Michael,
    Consider the RB Productions radiator faces or grills, Set of 5 excellent Photo Etched grills that cover all the styles for the Fok., Alb, and OAW Versions.

I'm very impressed with them.
Cheers,
Lance

Michael Scarborough

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2014, 08:37:02 AM »
Thanks Lance.....just now getting back to this and pulling the trigger on all the goodies!

Cheers,
Michael

Offline Fokker boy

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2014, 06:21:27 AM »
I'm a big fan of the Master guns, but haven't yet owned any of the Gaspatch stuff. I do have some Taurus parts coming though, specifically parts for the WNW Mercedes I'm dumping into my Roden kit.
Kevin

(30 years ago I started off with nothing, and I've still got most of it!)

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2014, 06:45:41 AM »

Something to keep in mind … the Gaspatch Spandaus are marvelous but one thing to note is the shell ejection tube which is not correct for the Fokker D.VII (or any Fokker, AFAIK) and is trickier than first glance to remove , as it is conjoined partially with the front mount…

Maybe Costas has other variants of the Spandau up his sleeve ...