Author Topic: AEG GIV  (Read 1091 times)

Offline stevehed

AEG GIV
« on: October 10, 2014, 11:25:24 PM »
Hi,
    I'm building the Sierrascale vac form and I'm using the WS DF to help. The aircraft has two small bomb bays under the rear fuselage and I'm wondering if there were bomb racks extending into the rear fuselage. I can't find any photos in the DF to confirm this. In fact, the only pic showing the underside of an upended aircraft appears to show the floor above the bomb bay. Does anyone know what the internal bomb carrying structures were?

Regards, Steve

Offline radio

Re: AEG GIV
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 05:06:21 AM »
Steve we can only wait until WNW  kit is ready.
I have also this vac kit.
Martin

Dekenba

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2014, 06:18:20 AM »
From Janes : ”three racks for holding 25 pounder bombs are installed on the machine; 2 side by side on the left side of the rear cockpit, and one on the right side of the petrol tanks in the space between the pilots & rear cockpits. This rack is covered by a detachable wooden lid which acts as the floor of the narrow gangway."

Lots of very detailed description as the Allies captured one in 1917. Also may be worth looking at  WNW site, as test shots of a completed upside down example are shown.

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2014, 03:39:00 PM »
i think the build that doug baumann did in 1/36 was about the best researched and detail build of this crate ive seen. lots of details to copy from the build:

http://www.theaerodrome.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42345

Offline stevehed

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2014, 10:21:55 PM »
Thanks Guys, very helpful. I've checked out DBs scratchbuild and he has the bomb bays lying beneath the flooring.

Regards, Steve