Author Topic: Some other things i have done  (Read 1531 times)

Offline treadhead1944

Some other things i have done
« on: April 26, 2014, 06:24:42 AM »
I started a modeling blog that kind of didn't go to far due to apathy on my part, combined with the fact that I decided to give up Warhammer 40k. I provide the link for your perusal and comments.
http://treadhead1944paints.blogspot.com/

Offline Epeeman

Re: Some other things i have done
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2014, 07:51:07 AM »
Well that's a very different modelling genre from WW1!

How did you get into WW1 aircraft out of interest?

Regards

Dave

PS - I enjoy the Star Trek original series so have recently built a couple of Star Trek kits ..............
As we say in fencing, what's the point?

Offline treadhead1944

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2014, 08:22:52 AM »
Well that's a very different modelling genre from WW1!

How did you get into WW1 aircraft out of interest?

Regards

Dave

PS - I enjoy the Star Trek original series so have recently built a couple of Star Trek kits ..............

I have been building models since I was about 6. I went through the phases of cars, tanks and planes. In high school I got into fantasy stuff. I had some issues relating to depression which pulled me away from hobbies for about 20 years. I started therapy about 4 years ago and the therapist recommend starting a hobby, so I got back into fantasy wargaming and painting figures, went to tanks, and wanted to try something new. I always loved WW 1 and it seemed a natural fit...

Offline IFF1418

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2014, 03:58:39 AM »
Very nice models of WW4! It shows your modeling skills.

Kind regards
Patrick

Offline treadhead1944

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2014, 07:17:11 AM »
Here are a few more things I have done.

A cockpit close up of the Avenger

A Hellbrute

Offline mgunns

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 12:02:34 PM »
Hello Treadhead:

Neat stuff.  I am not into SF or wargaming but I can appreciate the talent and imagination to build the genre although I was into Star Trek and had several versions of the Enterprise and the other vessels from the Original show and some of the movies.  I like the malevolent "Gumby" in the back ground.  It is always fun to see what other genre's we modelers model and how we came to WWI subjects.  I find modeling to be very cathartic and have for the past 59 years.  Thanks for sharing your work and a bit of your story.

Best

Mark
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline treadhead1944

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2014, 12:11:19 PM »
Mark, my grandmother worked for AMT, and I grew up with the original Star Trek kits. If I had half of the ones I put firecrackers in I would be driving a better car. Sigh...

Offline mgunns

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2014, 08:54:50 AM »
Mark, my grandmother worked for AMT, and I grew up with the original Star Trek kits. If I had half of the ones I put firecrackers in I would be driving a better car. Sigh...
I wish I had half the kits that got blown up or discarded too.  Maybe that is why we have become such horders!!
Mark

We few, we happy few.....