Author Topic: 1/32 Roden Fokker DVI  (Read 3501 times)

Offline ALBATROS1234

Re: 1/32 Roden Fokker DVI
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2013, 05:52:03 AM »
to my eye on my screen the decals dont look overdulled at all. the decals in this kit are way to brite and the loz have a much too blue look instead of the overall green/grey look of the real thing. i have this kit and i will build it one day. my main concern is how to tone down the decals. i want to do the same scheme you have done. i am going to use db 4 color as they are my favorite but that smiley face and striping worry me. i may try to see if i can scan them and tweak in photoshop then reprint on decal paper. not that i have ever done any of this. but thats why i have not started the kit this one will be a "someday" build

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2013, 10:06:41 AM »
I missed this one. Nice bird and a great build of another trickey Roden kit.

Steve

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2013, 12:15:35 AM »
Beautiful Model, Dave, and the "toning down" of the lozenge is perfect. My compliments, you've done wonders with the Kit and should be very proud of your work.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Epeeman

« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2013, 02:33:57 AM »
Steve/Lance

Thanks, chaps - yes, a typical Roden 'fiddly' kit but it was not as bad as some I've built - decals were OK, just a real pain cutting and applying the individual rib tapes.

Regards

Dave
As we say in fencing, what's the point?

Offline Epeeman

« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2013, 02:42:30 AM »
Sorry, Albatros -

Missed you out from my last reply - no offence intended!

Don't be put off from doing this one using the kit decals - they are not too bad actually, just a bit of work cutting/fitting onto the model although as I said before, the rib tapes were a bit of a trial.

Regards

Dave
As we say in fencing, what's the point?