Author Topic: A question  (Read 930 times)

Offline Rob Hart

A question
« on: April 04, 2013, 12:32:44 PM »
I am only able to post here intermittently. Sometimes when I try to post it just times out. Right now, for example, no problems, but in the past few days I would hit the post button and it would just sit there until it timed out without my post appearing in the thread. Anything I should be doing on my end?

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
Re: A question
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2013, 02:05:35 PM »
Sometimes I hit the back button then forward then the post again - but Gates/Jobs Im not

Steve

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2013, 02:11:08 PM »
Had the same problem myself a few times, once I hit the post button and if nothing happens after about 30 seconds I copy my message then go back to the home page, then i go back to where I want my post to go, paste and post, it always works. I'm no computer expert so hopefully someone will give you a more appropriate fix.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Graham t

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2013, 03:37:47 AM »
Yep happens to me too

Offline Ian from Doncaster

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2013, 05:44:18 AM »
I used to have to copy the post before posting, refresh the post reply page then paste back in the box, then it would work.

Seems ok first time now though...

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2013, 05:53:30 AM »
Same here.  I do the same thing as Des.  Could be the browsers we're using.  Maybe try Chrome or Firefox?
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline IvotB

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2013, 06:02:49 AM »
I have thesame experience, although not on this forum. I learned the hard way: writing a long post, uploading a lot of pictures and then the post is gone. Since then I just copy the entire text into Word before hitting the Post button. That way I always have a back up.

I must admit that I haven't had this problem very often recently, but still it occurs. I prefer using Firefox. Don't know if that helps.

regards,
Ivo