Author Topic: wnw R.N.A.S Sopwith pup  (Read 3857 times)

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
Re: wnw R.N.A.S Sopwith pup
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2013, 07:55:58 AM »
Very nice Pup! And in my favourite disguise - red-nosed Betty! Very finely build! Congratulations, Michael!
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline michael

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2013, 11:58:39 PM »
Thanks guys  :)

Bud and Chris the ship kit is by caldercraft of H.M.A.T Supply and it's double plank on frame.

unfortunately i lost all my build log photos when my old computer went belly up!

what i would say is if you want to build a ship kit go for it because i also know nothing about ships, and with your obvious talent you would have no problems building one.

I just need to get it finished one day  ;)

cheers

michael
“An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.”

Offline IvotB

« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2013, 01:34:58 AM »
Just stumbled on this topic. Hadn't seen it before. Very nice Pup, Michael! I admire your subtle weathering, both on the upper and lower wing surfaces and on the fuselage. I don't see much problems with the rigging. Looks excellent to me.

For the base I would prefer the one with grass. The planking looks nice, but draws the attention away from the model.

And nice to see your ship. I have a 17th century Prins Willem lying around, which just would take too much time. I did finish 2 other traditional sailing vessels. Building wooden ships requires quite different techniques from model aircraft.

regards,
Ivo

P.S., when clicking on your pictures you can see other pictures at Photobucket. Now I know that apart from ww1 planes, wooden ships, you are also interested in post war cars - trabant -  ;D
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 01:38:08 AM by IvotB »

Online RAGIII

« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2013, 02:18:04 AM »
Very, very well done! I'll part company with the others and say that my favourite base is the grass one. They're both excellent but I like that grass.

Cheers,

Chris

I am going to second Chris on both accounts! Very well done and I like the grass! looks as though you should display it half of the time on each by the responses  :-X
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline IvotB

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2013, 03:43:15 AM »
P.S., when clicking on your pictures you can see other pictures at Photobucket. Now I know that apart from ww1 planes, wooden ships, you are also interested in post war cars - trabant -  ;D

I just realised that this view on your Photobucket album is perhaps quite unintentional. I noticed a few days ago, that when I copy the image link from Photobucket directly into a post, that since a short time not only the picture is copied between , but now there is also a http:// link before that, that is automatically copied. That is why when you click on a picture in the forum, you don't get a larger picture anymore, but you are redirected to the original Photobucket album, thus perhaps creating free advertisement for Photobucket.

Once I discovered this lately I went back again by copying the image link directly between of this forum.

regards,
Ivo

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2013, 06:43:36 AM »
Dave the planking i used for the base was left over from this model that i built about 18 month ago that i will finish i keep telling myself  ;)

funnily enough it stalled on the rigging stage and thats when i moved to WW1 stuff, but i will finish it one day.

After seeing the beautiful work you've done with this ship Michael, I'm now the happy owner of the kit too. If I can do half as well with it as you've done, I'll be very pleased with myself. What a shock to see that none of the parts are on sprues!  ;D ;D ;D

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline michael

« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2013, 12:10:28 AM »
Great stuff Chris i'm sure you will do a fantastic job on her. Very much a long term project  ;)

michael

“An ounce of action is worth a ton of theory.”

Offline IFF1418

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2013, 10:06:00 PM »
Great work Michael. I plan to do this one in the future. You people are really artists! When you will be looking at my rigging on the first one, you will understand.

Kind regards

Patrick