Author Topic: WNW FE2b Late  (Read 28563 times)

Offline Ian from Doncaster

Re: WNW FE2b Late
« Reply #180 on: October 15, 2012, 08:21:41 AM »

Made the gun, replaced the barrel end with a short length of .6mm brass tube.  Painted with Humbrol metalcote gunmetal, and oiled the pistol grip etc wooden bits.  The bag for ejected casings needs dulling down, I think.

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #181 on: October 15, 2012, 09:30:22 AM »
Looks sharp, Ian!

Offline Whiteknuckles

« Reply #182 on: October 15, 2012, 09:45:44 AM »
Nice gun to go with all that spider webbing Ian ;)

Andrew
Eternal Apprentice

« Reply #183 on: October 16, 2012, 08:37:54 AM »
Finished the rigging tonight!  No pics yet but all lines done.  The only lines remaining will be the bomb release cables...

Touch up paint to do, bomb releases to do, and attach the remaining peripherals including this gun, and we're done :)

« Reply #184 on: October 17, 2012, 03:50:44 AM »
Took a few snaps of the model rigged.  Will look for a better background when it is finished.  I need to re-fit the undercarriage to make it strong enough to stand alone.

Offline mgunns

« Reply #185 on: October 17, 2012, 04:28:22 AM »
Hello Ian:

I have seen others build this and I admire the work that you are doing.  I think what holds me back more than anything is the engine detailing.  Eyesight and dexterity notwithstanding, the work you and others have done to the engine is noteworthy.  Like Lance I have read "One Spring in Picardy" and want to build one.  I think this winter.  Yours is coming along nicely and the work is outstanding.

Best
Mark
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

« Reply #186 on: October 17, 2012, 04:42:42 AM »
Thanks Mark :)

In retrospect, whilst the engine opens itself to more detailing, you could build OOB and only add plug wiring.  The engine once installed is never close up once the wings and booms are on.  I say go on, build one!

« Reply #187 on: October 17, 2012, 08:33:28 AM »

I dulled down the ammo bag, klear coated the handles, and fitted the gun, bombsite etc.  Still a bit of tidying up to do yet...

« Reply #188 on: October 20, 2012, 09:10:53 AM »
Right, I'm calling this one now - can't really do much more.  I am sure there are some corrections and touch ups I could do, but I could easily spoil things.

I took off the undercarriage and refitted it, it is stronger now but the whole assembly is still quite flexible.  I finished off with the bomb release levers, cables etc.  I am not sure if I used the correct levers or routed the cables properly, but I'm happy enough with it.  I weathered the wheels a little but the lighting doesn't allow a decent pic just now.  The tail skid has a bungee cord loop which doesn't come with the hole, so I drilled that out. 

Here's a few more snaps.  I'll try and set up some completed pics against a decent background tomorrow, in daylight, on a new thread.

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #189 on: October 20, 2012, 09:51:30 AM »
You've done a magnificent job in this build Ian and you should be proud as a peacock with what you've accomplished. I know I sure would be if it were mine. I'm looking forward to seeing those 'finished' images.

What's next on your agenda?

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #190 on: October 20, 2012, 11:09:06 PM »
Bravo!

Offline Adam

« Reply #191 on: October 21, 2012, 01:59:05 AM »
Outstanding achievement.

Adam.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #192 on: October 21, 2012, 02:45:09 AM »
Very nice finish Ian. I'm with Chris on two points; ONE-you can be very proud of this model and.............TWO-I'll hold off on attempting this one for a while as well. I may have to break into the Lattice Tail ("Gitter Rumph" I think the opposition called them?) thing with the smaller DH2, which is intimidating enough.
Congatulations on a very nicely executed build on what seems to be a tough Kit to do well!
Cheers,
Lance

« Reply #193 on: October 21, 2012, 05:40:16 AM »
Thanks everyone :)  for the kind remarks.

Chris, not quite sure what's next - I have the WNW Roland supposed to be next, but the Eduard 1:72 profipack twin Dr1 set is itching to be built, as is the 1:48 Revell Dr1, amongst others!  I have the Hasegawa 1:8 Le Rhone engine though - that will be relatively quick and will allow me to utilise the metal paints recently bought.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 10:52:59 PM by Ian from Doncaster »

Offline mgunns

« Reply #194 on: October 22, 2012, 01:05:42 AM »
Hello Ian:

Great job!  This kit surely beckons from the stash.  I think I will tackle it next.  Everyone has posted it is not as intimidating as it looks.  Yours turned out really nice.  Looking forward to more as you post here.

Best

Mark
Mark

We few, we happy few.....