Author Topic: Have you purchased something you really didn't want?  (Read 3443 times)

Offline dr 1 ace

Re: Have you purchased something you really didn't want?
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2016, 08:30:27 AM »
Yes Rick,

A Blohm & Voss BV 141, but it was such a buy and so odd ball interesting could not pass it up.  At least it is in 1/48 and will build it some day... if nothing more that a shelf model.

Ed
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2016, 05:57:13 PM »
All the kits in my stash are models I want, but don't necessarily need, I know for a fact that I will not build them all but this will not stop me buying more.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Borsos

« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2016, 12:05:49 AM »
Some years ago I went through a really dark time and even thought about leaving WW1 and switching to WW2 planes. These odd confusions are over now, but since then I have lots of "Battle of Britain" and "Battle of Midway" ww2 planes (and some cool Russian Eastern Front stuff too) in 1/48. And then I got this 1/32-devil in the back of my head, and he doesnt stop to whisper from time to time  "you would need at least some of them in 1/32!" Still I am stronger than him....
Borsos
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2016, 01:26:52 AM »
A few months back I down sized the stash , getting to be way too much and no room for storage . This didn't go as planned and I'm right back where I started from . Kit's in the stash that I know I will never build any time soon . I'm guilty of buying just for the box art . There is some beautiful art and it becomes a must have  :-X

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2016, 02:48:21 AM »
A few months back I down sized the stash , getting to be way too much and no room for storage . This didn't go as planned and I'm right back where I started from . Kit's in the stash that I know I will never build any time soon . I'm guilty of buying just for the box art . There is some beautiful art and it becomes a must have  :-X

Terri

Sounds familiar Terri!! When I changed from 1:48 to 1:32 Scale I sold my entire Stash and vowed to be more "practical" about it. Here it is a little over 4 years later and I've got the same or more sized Stash here. (Do you think it's the bigger boxes? :-\ ::)) Must just be the nature of the Hobby, it would seem most of us have the same problems!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Dave Brewer

« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2016, 09:39:12 AM »
I'm not sure I should admit this but more than once I've bought a duplicate of a kit I'd forgotten was already in my stash.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2016, 04:18:20 PM »
Hmmmmm..... Sounds familiar to me :-[
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2016, 11:36:08 PM »
Not with kit's , but I do with aftermarket items and the odd double shows up .

Lance , no never the box size  ;)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2016, 05:36:47 AM »
I'm not sure I should admit this but more than once I've bought a duplicate of a kit I'd forgotten was already in my stash.

Dave,
LOL my friend it's more common than you'd think. At least you're not hiding your own Easter Eggs yet,or so I hope.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2016, 06:45:25 AM »
I've done that more often than I can remember.  Especially when I can't sleep and I go online in the middle of the night.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2016, 11:04:33 AM »
I've done that more often than I can remember.  Especially when I can't sleep and I go online in the middle of the night.
Cheers,
Bud

I'm not the only one who sleeps-shops ! ;) Hurry !!! Don't feel so alone now . :-X

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Manni

• Der Militärmodellbauer
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2016, 04:02:25 PM »
Some month ago I went for some static grass into my hobby shop and looked with low interest at the "sales-corner" and BAM!
There where 3 kit from Revell a He 111, a Ju88 and a He219Uhu in 1:32nd each for 19€!!!! So I bought them, because they were cheap and cool....but, will I ever build them? NO!
Manni
"Ich hab' da mal was vorbereitet.": Jean Pütz
"Warum noch mehr Bausätze?!?": meine Frau