Author Topic: Wingnuts free shipping to end on 17 June  (Read 10001 times)

Offline spandfan

Re: Wingnuts free shipping to end on 17 June
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2016, 01:16:23 AM »
Yay i live in the Netherlands! So postagentschap Will be the absolute minimum. On a more interesting note: in this mornings mail Richard sent the logo of the Facebook fanpage/lsm site. It's the first time they acknowledge the existentie of our community so Mabel they actualiteit kisten to our suggestions and hopes

Hallo

I not sure this is our community. This is Large Scale Modeller logo and they do a diorama GB with the Wingnut Wings Fans FB.

See here http://forum.largescalemodeller.com/forum/221-diorama-gb/

Greetz

Offline Petie2nd

« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2016, 01:26:26 AM »
This is getting stupider every day. I give WNW a year and a half to 2 years before they close the doors for good. Remember I called it. Hopefully they will sell their molds to revell who will do repops like they do with eduard. Might even be cheaper with no photoech then we can get hgw am sets etc.

Or perhaps…

It’s the rampant speculation on forums among those who “know” what WNW is really up to. Although Wingnut Wings never stated such things, people were always reading between the lines – the Camel (and/or other “surprise” releases) would coincide with the price increases, or a particular trade show (again, never announced by WNW) – and when it wasn’t, it must have been “delayed” do to some nebulous production “problem”. If WNW ever announced a release date, I’ve certainly never seen it.

When the distribution arrangement was announced, the speculation was that Hannant’s, or some other third party, was going to be one of the distributors – and how will “Brexit” (if it happens) affect this in other European countries? As for the Hong Kong issue; no doubt it was in the plan originally, but the deal did not go through – for reasons which we may never know (and that are really none of our business).

The fact that Wingnut Wings keeps things to themselves is celebrated as a “good” thing when one or more “surprise” releases come out of nowhere, but it’s a “bad” thing when an announced change in business doesn’t conform to our pre-conceived notion of how it “should” have been done. Then, among those whose “expert” opinions and predictions (whether about what “should” or “would” happen) turn out to be wrong, the hyperbole is priceless.

I have no idea what the future holds for WNW. They have no control over exchange rates, or shipping costs, or other outside factors that affect their business. They can only adapt and react. How this latest change will affect their business, only time will tell. I think it’s a bit early for doom-and-gloom, or predictions of any kind – not that that will end the speculation.

Rich   

Offline mike in calif

« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2016, 01:41:43 AM »
And with 45 WNW kits in the stash, I'm good. This "end of an era" just means I'll shop more carefully, and try to trade when possible. It's not like I have not reached the point of S.A.B.L.E.

Online RAGIII

« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2016, 02:35:40 AM »
Something I have only seen on the WNW Facebook Fan Club is a flyer from WNW showing the Camel in Barkers Markings. It also has a line that States roughly, Trade inquiries are welcome to contact Wholesalers@ Weta. So this seems to indicate that Hannants, Squadron etc. can now seek to purchase kits as dealers without paying retail. This could mean, and I emphasize COULD, that the kits may be sold by your favorite distributers in your country perhaps eliminating vat charges. Again I emphasize that this is MY take on this and in no way is a WNW statement.
RAGIII

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10209247382759571&set=pcb.1313664685327846&type=3&theater
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 02:41:31 AM by RAGIII »
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline JiffyJDavies

« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2016, 02:59:21 AM »
Something I have only seen on the WNW Facebook Fan Club is a flyer from WNW showing the Camel in Barkers Markings. It also has a line that States roughly, Trade inquiries are welcome to contact Wholesalers@ Weta. So this seems to indicate that Hannants, Squadron etc. can now seek to purchase kits as dealers without paying retail. This could mean, and I emphasize COULD, that the kits may be sold by your favorite distributers in your country perhaps eliminating vat charges. Again I emphasize that this is MY take on this and in no way is a WNW statement.
RAGIII

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10209247382759571&set=pcb.1313664685327846&type=3&theater

VAT is always payable in Europe. You either pay when it enters the country, or when a retailers sells it to you. The retailer pays VAT when their order enters the UK, then recoup it when they sell it.

I also strongly doubt that retailers will be allowed discounts. This would entirely undermine the agreement that has been reached with WETA. I expect WETA has a contract where they are WNW's sole distributor.

Offline OEFFAG 153

• Just another Wingnutter
    • Terfors Creative
« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2016, 03:02:20 AM »
RAGIII

Yup – saw this too and made the same conclusion as you Rick. Even tought about making an enquiry for the "Nordic Region" myself (for half a second or so)  ;) This is actually bigger news than the change of shipping – it's a radical change to the WNW sales model as we know it... Perhaps not indicating they are planning to fold anytime soon – rather more like branching out?

Mikael
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 03:27:27 AM by OEFFAG 153 »
Building the WnW Hansa W.12 and Junkers D.1.

Offline OEFFAG 153

• Just another Wingnutter
    • Terfors Creative
« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2016, 03:29:42 AM »
RAGIII

VAT is always payable in Europe. You either pay when it enters the country, or when a retailers sells it to you. The retailer pays VAT when their order enters the UK, then recoup it when they sell it.

I also strongly doubt that retailers will be allowed discounts. This would entirely undermine the agreement that has been reached with WETA. I expect WETA has a contract where they are WNW's sole distributor.

Actually if you look closely – trade inquiries should be directed to WETA, soo...

Building the WnW Hansa W.12 and Junkers D.1.

Offline Chuckt5

« Reply #52 on: June 18, 2016, 05:10:48 AM »
How ever this all pans out, I wish the best of luck and continued future success to WNW.

I had always admired WW1 aircraft, but was just to scared to give one a try until they entered the scene and changed the game in this genre. I know they are not the only manufacturer who offers WW1 aircraft, but if you look at all the companies that have been birthed out of WNW coming on the scene and getting many to enter this field of model building, we owe them a debt of gratitude I would say.

Heres to hoping they are around for many years and that they continue to offers us a couple of new exciting kits each year.

Offline rowan broadbent

« Reply #53 on: June 18, 2016, 08:30:27 PM »

VAT is always payable in Europe.........................[/quote]

Well actually, in rural France, only if La Poste bother to collect it and for all my WNW deliveries (more than a few!) since we moved here at the end of 2009, I have only ever been charged ONCE! So having the VAT added in Holland and not having the option to continue to order direct from NZ, is a real kick in the nether regions!

Never mind, all part of the Macrame of the universe......

« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 08:37:09 PM by rowan broadbent »
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything – that’s how the light gets in

Leonard Cohen

Offline jamieg

« Reply #54 on: June 18, 2016, 11:41:31 PM »
Given Yankee postage rates to Canada, I'm not going to be able to buy very many kits with the new set up. I wish they would have left the option to choose which warehouse to ship from. But, I suspect that no one other than those in the continental US would buy from the Washington warehouse.

Albatros 1234; "Always with the negative waves Moriarty, can't you think positive thoughts?"

Offline oldalbie

« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2016, 12:58:01 AM »
I was kind of hoping for Long Beach as the warehouse as it's a one day trip over the Tehachapis up Hwy. 99.   :)

Offline IvotB

« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2016, 01:18:52 AM »
I wish the best of luck and continued future success to WNW.
Heres to hoping they are around for many years and that they continue to offers us a couple of new exciting kits each year.
Hear, hear. My thoughts exactly. WnW has added a lot to the 1:32 ww1 model world and I trust they will continue.

regards,
Ivo

Offline zavod44

« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2016, 02:08:33 AM »
Given Yankee postage rates to Canada, I'm not going to be able to buy very many kits with the new set up. I wish they would have left the option to choose which warehouse to ship from. But, I suspect that no one other than those in the continental US would buy from the Washington warehouse.

Albatros 1234; "Always with the negative waves Moriarty, can't you think positive thoughts?"

I can't wait to get my stuff from "Yankee" warehouses.  Get here fast, I'm excited.  This new arrangement suits me just fine. Plus with all this complaining and everyone bailing out on WNW, and those people not being able to afford the kits anymore, maybe they won't sell out so fast.....Win-Win!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2016, 02:15:46 AM by zavod44 »