Author Topic: Roden 1:32 Dr.1 - glacial pace build  (Read 4431 times)

Offline Fokker boy

Re: Roden 1:32 Dr.1 - glacial pace build
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2012, 06:12:04 AM »
I keep eyeballing my Encore kit, considering doing another one, this time much better than the last one though. I made many, many mistakes on the first that I can now (hopefully), avoid on the second big Dr.I.

I've seen many Dr.I's built on these type forums (all scales), in the past, and I tend to like them all, so I'm really looking forward to seeing how you handle this dark machine; ought to be really cool.
Kevin

(30 years ago I started off with nothing, and I've still got most of it!)

Offline Whiteknuckles

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2012, 05:14:15 PM »
I had a good trawl on the net last night looking at other Roden 1:32 Dr.1 builds. Lots of builds out there!!
I found Claudio Kalicinski's build log on Aeroscale (on which he's known as Kalt) which flesh's out the PDF article i mentioned previously quite nicely. It's very easy to get lost in all the detail - I need to keep on reminding myself that I need to get the basics down pat first!! (I'm no craftsman Paddy, that's for sure).

Back at work now after 4 weeks of annual leave. My workplace is undergoing some major changes over the next month and I'll be retraining for life back on the fire trucks so my time will be even more limited :(

Andrew
Eternal Apprentice

Offline Whiteknuckles

« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2012, 01:17:50 PM »
No real progress to report I'm afraid, due to work and domestic demands  :(

However, I was all ready to try some engine detailing and other stuff today and cannot for the life of me find the instructions. I have a sheet of paper that I transcribed the paint details on to take to my hobby shop but the instructions were not with them.

Thus can I request someone possibly copy them for me?

Please PM me if able to help (I will pay for postage, etc).

Thanks in advance,

Andrew
Eternal Apprentice

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2012, 10:57:53 PM »
Hi Andrew,

PM or e-mail me your e-mail address and I'll send you a PDF copy of the instructions.

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline Whiteknuckles

« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2012, 10:47:53 PM »
A huge thanks to Chris for helping me out with a PDF of the instructions.

Thanks mate, now the glacial pace can continue!! ;) ::)

Regards,

Andrew
Eternal Apprentice

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2012, 01:10:15 AM »
Happy to have been able to help!

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.