Author Topic: WNW pup for sale on eBay, $1 starting bid, No reserve!  (Read 716 times)

Offline Chuckt5

WNW pup for sale on eBay, $1 starting bid, No reserve!
« on: March 25, 2016, 11:47:28 AM »
I don't know the seller, wont get anything if he sells his kit and cant speak to his honesty, but I was searching on eBay and noticed a WNW Sopwith Pup RNAS for sale with a starting bid of $1! After getting over my initial shock, I though "ok, maybe he has a reserve price of $100 or something?" so I emailed him to ask what his reserve was and he replied the following:

Hi, No reserve. I always start my auctions at a dollar with no reserve.
Thanks for asking, Al

If anyones interested in getting a RNAS Pup, it might be a good deal!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wingnut-Wings-Sopwith-Pup-RNAS-Out-of-Production-NIB-/231889291665?

Offline ALBATROS1234

Re: WNW pup for sale on eBay, $1 starting bid, No reserve!
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2016, 01:29:42 PM »
thats a guarantee that it will sell. i have bought things from ebay and sold things. if you put the starting bid too high it wont sell. i read somewhere if you put up something for sale and a week later you have no bids then the price is too high. i had things where i thought the start price was fair but noone bid.then i reduce the price $20 less than what i thought was the fair value and this stimulated a bid war and fetched me a higher price than i was asking in the first place.its smart to do a $1 bid that way someone will definately bid on it and they will end up in a frenzy. i know this guy locally that sells a bunch of ww1 stuff on ebay but his prices are ridiculous things like $90 for a high tech voisin start bid.its been sitting there almost a year unsold.if he would start it a $39.99 it would definately sell and good chance he would get his $90. most of his stuff sits forever.