Author Topic: German Scouts at Verdun in 1916  (Read 864 times)

Offline Borsos

German Scouts at Verdun in 1916
« on: February 20, 2016, 10:36:07 PM »
Hello,
I'd like to beg you for help. Researching German fighter units during the battle of Verdun in 1916, several questions rose:
1) Jasta 7 was stationed from 21st of September until November 2nd at the Verdun front. Has anybody an idea, which types of airplanes it used in those times? Any information would be welcome! ("It would appear that the unit was flying Fokker D.II"- Ryheul writes in his 'Keks and Fokkerstaffeln', that's all I have found...)
2) KagOHL 2 was transfered from the Verdun-front to Kowel in July 1916, but got back to the Western Front in October. Can anybody tell me, where exactly KagOHL 2 was stationed for the rest of 1916 (October - December)?
3) Has anybody informations about modern biplane fighters (Halberstadt D types, Fokker D types and Albatros D types or even Siemens Schuckert D types) stationed with any Jastas (besides of Jasta 17!), or attached to FAAs, Keks or AFAs or any other kind of unit in the second half of 1916 in the Verdun-sector?
Thanks a lot in advance!
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.