Author Topic: Weather Concerns  (Read 876 times)

WarrenD

Weather Concerns
« on: January 22, 2016, 11:38:37 PM »
Just wanted to give a shout out to our forum members here that live in the Upper South, Mid-Atlantic, and points northward this morning as our winter weather develops. I woke up here in western Cain-tuh-Kee (Kentucky) to a nice coating of ice on everything, including the snow from two days earlier. We've transitioned to snow, probably will get a foot. Several snow plows are already in the ditches on the side of the road. (If you can, stay inside and model or do research!)

Despite living up here in Cain-tuh-Kee for twenty-five years, I'm still a Deep South Alabama boy at heart. I love to sit and watch it come down while drinking coffee and partaking of other vices. Today is a good day to clear out more of the stash, clear out old hobby mags, and get my workbench ready for some Nieuports!

Stay safe friends,

Warren

Offline ALBATROS1234

Re: Weather Concerns
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2016, 06:15:23 PM »
whats snow,...lol i have actually seen it 3 times in new orleans, never more than a light dusting on the grass though.one time i was like 10 in the late 70s once in the late 80s once in 2004. it barely gets below 40 F here. i kinda like cooler weather, on the other hand summer here is miserable. good luck with the snow plows.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2016, 02:29:31 AM »
Only got about 12 to 15 inches here in the NC Mountains. Still a major inconvenience  :-[
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

WarrenD

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2016, 03:01:28 AM »
I used the Friday I didn't go in to work to clean out and reorganize my modeling/hobby cave. Still working on it. Hopefully, but next month, I'll be putting some kits up in the for sale area.

Warren