Author Topic: SE5a Nightfighter Decals 32003  (Read 2767 times)

Offline fredjocko

SE5a Nightfighter Decals 32003
« on: July 28, 2015, 12:24:40 AM »
Rowan:

Good morning. I am building the SE5a with your fantastic decals and I have a question. I am trying find out what color grey was used for the diamonds. I need to do some touch ups and paint over the serial number on the tail and I don't know what grey was used.

I appreciate your assistance and I look forward to your response.

Thanx,
Carl

Offline rowan broadbent

Re: SE5a Nightfighter Decals 32003
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 01:27:20 AM »
Hello Carl,

The pantone colour used in printing the grey was 7544C, if that's what you mean. I can't give you an exact match from standard paint ranges, I'm afraid. I suggest that you try mixing a grey starting from something like RAF Medium Sea Grey adding or lightening as required. Alternatively small pieces cut from the spare grey decals provided might be more use than painting?

Hope that is some help. Nice to hear of these decals being used - they sold out very quickly and perhaps a reprint might be in order.
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything – that’s how the light gets in

Leonard Cohen

Offline oreodog

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 01:35:07 AM »
hi Rowan -
if you were to run a reprint, i would order a set so fast! i'm sad i missed out on the originals. i love all your work and appreciate your detailed research.
terry

Offline fredjocko

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2015, 01:51:13 AM »
Rowan:

Thank you. I will play with that. I used the spare pieces where I could and I want to overspray the serial number on the tail as mentioned in the instructions and seen in the Datafile and do some touch up around the edge of the wing.

Thanx,
Carl

Offline fredjocko

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 10:12:09 PM »
Rowan:

Sorry to be a pain. Another question if I may? The conical exhaust is that at the end of the exhaust pipe or does it cover the three exhaust holes on the side (I hope that makes sense)?

Thanx,
Carl

Offline First tee

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2015, 04:52:37 AM »
hi Rowan -
if you were to run a reprint, i would order a set so fast! i'm sad i missed out on the originals. i love all your work and appreciate your detailed research.
terry

I would also order a set!

Offline rowan broadbent

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2015, 05:32:35 AM »
Rowan:

Sorry to be a pain. Another question if I may? The conical exhaust is that at the end of the exhaust pipe or does it cover the three exhaust holes on the side (I hope that makes sense)?

Thanx,
Carl

Hello Carl,

The exhaust shroud was devised by Lt.C.C.Young of 61 Sqn to eliminate exhaust flame from the pilots field of view, which otherwise would have damaged his night vision - to this end I'd be confident that it covered any and all openings in the exhaust pipe.

Rowan
Forget your perfect offering
There is a crack, a crack in everything – that’s how the light gets in

Leonard Cohen

Offline Dave Brewer

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2015, 10:43:54 AM »
I'd also love to see a reprint,I'm still kicking myself for missing out on the first run.
Cheers,
Dave.

guitarlute101

« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2015, 10:48:10 AM »
A Rumey's Devil reprint would be good too.

Mark

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2015, 11:52:39 AM »
A Rumey's Devil reprint would be good too.

Mark

yes indeedy, I missed out on that one...

Offline fredjocko

« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2015, 09:51:51 PM »
Rowan:

Thanx,
Carl

Hello Carl,

The exhaust shroud was devised by Lt.C.C.Young of 61 Sqn to eliminate exhaust flame from the pilots field of view, which otherwise would have damaged his night vision - to this end I'd be confident that it covered any and all openings in the exhaust pipe.

Rowan

Rowan:

Thank you. That is what I was thinking; but the shroud doesn't fit there at least the ones I've made. Instead of forming and then gluing on I'll have to form around the exhaust pipe.

Thanx,
Carl