Author Topic: Maurice Farman MF7 Longhorn 1/72 scratchbuilt.  (Read 4096 times)

Offline Epeeman

Re: Maurice Farman MF7 Longhorn 1/72 scratchbuilt.
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2014, 04:44:08 AM »
Hello, LM -

Outstanding - I've said it before and I'll say again - I really admire anybody who can build from nothing - hard enough from a kit let alone a scratch build ...............

Look forward to seeing this in the flesh.  Are you bringing this to the model club this coming Saturday? 

Regards

Dave
As we say in fencing, what's the point?

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2014, 09:14:09 AM »
Thank you everyone for the very kind, not to say overwhelmingly complimentary comments. I have really enjoyed building this model and am very pleased that you all like it.

Currently I am not planning anything as the holiday season is on us and as I will be away from my modelling desk during that time I will wait until the new year before I decide what to tackle next.

Are you bringing this to the model club this coming Saturday? 

Dave

Yes Dave I hope to be at the meeting on Saturday and I will bring it along in the perspex box.

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #17 on: December 18, 2014, 09:32:46 AM »
I'd like to add something else to my previous comment, and I surely do not mean to offend any of the other members of the forum by my statements.

LM, this represents, to me, what scale modeling is really all about. You are truly a scale modeler in the truest sense of the word, and as Sir Harry intended it many years ago. I, and a lot of others here, are little more than kit assemblers. We glue the pieces together, add some bits and bobs from the aftermarket boys, and then paint by numbers and decal. You and others who scratch-build, on the other hand, have truly created something beautiful and unique.

Warren

Thank you Warren for this comment, I really appreciate it and the spirit in which it was made. I wholly agree with you that this is the sort of model of which H. Woodman would have approved, but I do not think for one moment that the very real and considerable skills displayed on this forum by you and very many others should in any way be compared with my efforts. They are different: in my humble opinion there is more to the models displayed on this and other forums than just gluing together and painting by numbers - I regularly suffer from jaw ache as it hits the floor when I look at the paint finishes alone on models shown on this site - something I simply could not achieve because I have never been able to master the techniques required. I am also regularly amazed at the quality of the tiny details shown on very many models in all scales - I frequently wish I could do the same. I agree with Eindecker - we are all modellers, we are all doing it for fun and the excitement of the challenge - we just do things differently and to the best of our ability. And as our French modelling colleagues would say: "Vive la difference!" 

WarrenD

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2014, 09:53:19 AM »
Well, as I stated in my post, my intention was not to offend or denigrate the efforts of others.  I hope everyone understood that.

Warren

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2014, 09:58:39 AM »
Well said LM ... and a fantastic scratchbuilt MF7. Bravo.

mike in calif

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2014, 03:38:27 PM »
What they said! An inspiring piece of work. 1/32 would be a challenge for this plane; scratch in 1/72 is fantastic.

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2014, 07:42:35 PM »
Spectacular, LM. Amazing web of rigging lines. Congratulations on a great scratch build!
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2014, 03:52:27 AM »
Thank you again for the compliments. I really am honoured by these comments from modellers for whom I have the greatest respect.

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2014, 04:53:58 PM »
that is a sweet longhorn, very nice.

Offline Rob Hart

« Reply #24 on: December 24, 2014, 11:38:38 PM »
Superb craftsmanship! My favorite model for 2014. How will you top yourself?

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2014, 04:34:53 AM »
Thank you again for the kind remarks gentlemen. I am not sure what to attempt next - will be visiting family over the next few days so will have time to think. A scratch build is certainly on the agenda but just what I have not yet decided. I am not sure that I can top this one, but I will give it a try.

Offline Umlaufmotor

« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2014, 05:40:52 AM »
I just found this post.....
Really incredible work. Congratulations  :o
I take my hat off to all scratch model builders, this is the true model making art.

But ........................ please allowed one question: How does the pilot found the way to his office, without hanging the rest of his life in the wires?  ???

Servus
Bertl

Offline NinetythirdLiberator

« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2014, 09:54:11 AM »
Kind of speechless, LM.   :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

What a piece of work that is.  Exceptional and we're glad you did it!

Cheers,

Dan