Author Topic: Fokker Triplane Collection  (Read 1719 times)

Online macsporran

Re: Fokker Triplane Collection
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2024, 06:02:43 AM »
Great collection!

IIRC there were only about 300 Dr.Is ever built, so you are well on your way to getting them all preserved in 1/72!
Sandy

Offline ScottJ

« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2024, 12:57:57 PM »
Holy poop Dennis, that collection must have wiped out a whole forest of styrene trees (Har, see what I did there!...)!
I'm sure I've seen some of the builds on the old WWI modeling site but not the whole group together.  Very impressive and as others have stated, some finishes I'm not familiar with.  I know you didn't build them all at once but at some point you must have felt like you were building triplanes in your sleep...
You can't grub with the sparrows when you've flown with the hawks... 
E.P. Janney?

Offline Davos522

« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2024, 11:26:41 PM »
I hate to spill the beans, Scott, but Dennis learned modeling many years ago at Hogwarts. He just shakes the box, taps it with his wand and mutters Plastissicus Assemblus! and the parts fly out and stick themselves together. I think there's a different spell for weathering, but as a Muggle I'm not really sure.

Dutch

Offline ScottJ

« Reply #18 on: January 28, 2024, 05:48:18 AM »
That... explains a lot!
Being a mere Muggle myself I'm sure if I tried said wand I'd most likely end up with a lump of smoldering plastic... that might be an improvement on some of my attempts...
You can't grub with the sparrows when you've flown with the hawks... 
E.P. Janney?