Author Topic: Ray Rimell’s eagerly awaited Fokker F.1/ DR.1 publication is here!  (Read 1366 times)

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
The publication I regard as the most important new title for WW1 modellers to be published this year – Ray Rimell’s Fokker F.1/ DR.1 modeller’s guide has arrived for review and it’s everything we hoped for, and a whole lot more.

The Forum will be running an in depth review in the next few days but those needing the perfect reference resource for their Meng or Roden 1/32 kits can be assured everything is here.

The publication from Ray’s Albatros Productions is the first volume in the new Albatros Productions WW1 Scale Model Anthology series devoted to the Fokker Triplane. Volume Two is in preparation.

Volume One is by Ray Rimell with detailed input and notes from former Wingnut Wings General Manager Richard Alexander. Both the Roden and Meng Triplane kits are featured including Meng’s acclaimed 1/24 kit.

Werner Voss and Manfred von Richthoften machines are explored in detail and there’s too much goodness to single any specific section out here. Lavishly illustrated with much Ronny Bar artwork throughout, this is a real feast for Triplane fans.

There’s detailed build logs for Werner Voss and Manfred von Richthofen machines and that’s just the start.

The publication is available from the webstore at www.windsockdatafilespecials.co.uk at £28 but is for sale at a special launch rate of £27 for a limited time, plus post and packing.

Stay tuned for the detailed review!

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Online WD

Re: Ray Rimell’s eagerly awaited Fokker F.1/ DR.1 publication is here!
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2021, 06:45:20 AM »
Thanks Dave!  I've considered purchasing it, even though I don't own any kits or model in either 1/32nd or 1/24th scale, but I thought it might just be a good overall Dr.I reference book on its own.

WD

Offline Europapete

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2021, 09:11:40 AM »
AWESOME!!!! Been waiting for this ever since it was first announced. Regards, Pete in RI

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2021, 09:47:58 PM »
Excellent!! ;)
‘Not all who wander are lost‘

Offline James Reagan

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2021, 02:38:42 AM »
Ordered On the way wait!

Offline petrov27

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2021, 03:45:57 AM »
Just received here - very very nice indeed - bring on vol 2!
-Patrick

Offline James Reagan

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2021, 06:14:39 AM »
Same here.   I received the book yesterday.  It looks like VOL 2 will be an in depth study of the MENG 1/24 scale Fokker Dr1. I have the kit and the Model Cellar figure an think I'll await the second volume.  Anyone know when it wil br released?

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2021, 12:25:37 PM »
Hi Folks

The Forum review of Ray's Fokker Dr.1 book is now uploaded on the reviews board.

Link here:

https://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.php?topic=12687.0

cheers

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Online WD

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2021, 09:58:28 AM »
Great review Dave!  Even though I don't own any of the kits featured, I still plan on purchasing it just to add to my DR.I collection.

"The Day the Yellow Ran Out".. Oh my word, that's hilarious!

Note: several of the images you posted came across as 503 files/ not viewable. Not sure if its something on my end, or what.

Thanks for letting us get this sneak peak.

WD

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2021, 10:02:07 AM »
Ordered via Hannants with other bits 'n bobs.
I'm looking forward to getting my hands on a copy.

Bob  ;)

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith