Author Topic: Roden 1/32 scale SPAD 13 late version  (Read 1720 times)

Offline James Reagan

Roden 1/32 scale SPAD 13 late version
« on: January 10, 2022, 10:48:29 AM »
Any new projected release date?  Will Roden or anyone else  offer USA markings or decals for the model?

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
Re: Roden 1/32 scale SPAD 13 late version
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2022, 10:56:31 AM »
As I reported in the post from mid December, Roden say the Spad XIII Late will be the first of their 1/32 scale WW1 kits to be issued this year, probably in the first quarter.

The Spad XIII Late will be released first but Vladimir of Roden says a Sopwith One and a Half Strutter is now definitely on the production list for a mid-2022 release and they confirm a 1/32 scale Avro 504 will be released toward the end of the year.

As yet no decal marking options have been identified but I'd assume there will be US options from them or the aftermarket people.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline James Reagan

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2022, 07:26:13 AM »
Dave
I hope and feel you are correct about American aftermarket decals. Perhaps we'll see some aftermarket upgrade kits for both of the Roden Spad kits.

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2022, 07:42:51 AM »
Dave
I hope and feel you are correct about American aftermarket decals. Perhaps we'll see some aftermarket upgrade kits for both of the Roden Spad kits.

I agree about the Aftermarket Decals and Upgrades(although the kit builds nicely almost as is).  There is a Plethora of schemes for the Early Model that I think would sell well and help sales of the kit. I am sure the same will be true for the Late Model! I was expecting that Part would be all over this one for a detailed PE set but so far No Joy  :(

As for USAS late Models I would think this would be a Golden Opportunity for Aviatic to re release their Luke set but am not very hopeful that this wil happen. Perhaps if we all contact quinta Studios they would at least do an interior upgrade of instruments and seatbelts.

Thinking Out of The Box I would Love to see Roden try something they have Not Done in the Past. A Multi kit including the SPAD VII, SPAD XIII Early, and a SPAD XIII late with decals for Multiple "Stork" group, GC12, aircraft. That would certainly light My fire  8)
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2022, 04:39:07 AM »
Personally Luke or Rickenbacker being the "cover boy" for the Late model seems like a no-brainer. I have very little doubt Roden would not include either in the decals. It's not a subject I'd be building but it makes financial sense in my mind.

Perhaps if we all contact quinta Studios they would at least do an interior upgrade of instruments and seatbelts.
Now there is an inspired idea! Having used Quinta decals on my 1/48 Lavochkin La-9 I am a convert and would love to see them tackle Great War subjects.

Thinking Out of The Box I would Love to see Roden try something they have Not Done in the Past. A Multi kit including the SPAD VII, SPAD XIII Early, and a SPAD XIII late with decals for Multiple "Stork" group, GC12, aircraft. That would certainly light My fire  8)
RAGIII
Again, not something I'd buy, but a brilliant idea!
Zac in NZ

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2022, 07:49:41 AM »
Personally Luke or Rickenbacker being the "cover boy" for the Late model seems like a no-brainer. I have very little doubt Roden would not include either in the decals. It's not a subject I'd be building but it makes financial sense in my mind.

Perhaps if we all contact quinta Studios they would at least do an interior upgrade of instruments and seatbelts.
Now there is an inspired idea! Having used Quinta decals on my 1/48 Lavochkin La-9 I am a convert and would love to see them tackle Great War subjects.

RAGIII
Again, not something I'd buy, but a brilliant idea!

If I had to guess/Bet I would Say Rene Fonck is another good suspect for the cover! There are So Many great PAD XIII schemes the subject Cries out for more than one aftermarket Decal set, IMHO
RAGIII

Just for the record Zac, quinta has Done some items for the Roden Albatros DIII in 1/32nd as well as some generic Albatros wing tapes. They came out too late for MY two current Albatros Builds  :(
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2022, 03:15:23 AM »
Just for the record Zac, quinta has Done some items for the Roden Albatros DIII in 1/32nd as well as some generic Albatros wing tapes. They came out too late for MY two current Albatros Builds  :(
The instant I typed that I just knew someone would point out they've already ventured into Great War subjects! I'm sorry to hear that Rick...but there's nothing to say you can't do a third!!
Zac in NZ

Offline WD

« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2022, 09:37:21 AM »
Dave
RAGIII

Rick,
      Oooooo. Oooooo, that is an excellent idea! Not my scale, but an excellent idea.

WD

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2022, 11:46:15 AM »
Hi
Yes it would be great to see more AM for the SPAD and Quinta expanding their range. Their Alb 1/32 stuff looks really nice but would cost me almost as much as the kit to import.
But definitely like to see instruments, seatbelts and other stuff for SPAD. Quite surprised no one has jumped onto this already.
Anyway looking for to the next 2 kits :)

‘Not all who wander are lost‘

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2022, 03:44:49 AM »
Hi
Yes it would be great to see more AM for the SPAD and Quinta expanding their range. Their Alb 1/32 stuff looks really nice but would cost me almost as much as the kit to import.
But definitely like to see instruments, seatbelts and other stuff for SPAD. Quite surprised no one has jumped onto this already.
Anyway looking for to the next 2 kits :)
I'm looking at my Early's bare seat and a section of wine cork foil and thinking just that!
Zac in NZ