Author Topic: A reminder to anyone registering a new membership  (Read 975 times)

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
A reminder to anyone registering a new membership
« on: August 17, 2021, 10:10:13 AM »
A friendly reminder to anyone registering a new membership on the Forum.

We receive many new registrations every day - 20-30 typically - and almost all of them are fake, bogus, doubtful. How do we know? Because they come from dubious email addresses and fail to answer the security question that's part of the registration process.

If people can't answer the security question, or get too clever for themselves with their response, it means an automatic rejection of the registration. I'm doing this many times a day at present.

When asked to name your favourite WW1 scale model, answers such as "all of them", or "can't decide" or "brown ones" ( we've had those responses) only leads to rejection of the registration.

So if someone you know grumbles that their membership application was rejected, ask them what their security question response was.

My personal favourite wrong answer was "Spitfire". Nice aircraft. Don't think the RFC flew it though.

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia

Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline macsporran

Re: A reminder to anyone registering a new membership
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2021, 04:56:27 PM »
That's a real insight into what it takes to run and maintain a site like this, Dave. Guess I hadn't really thought of all the admin you have to plough through - once again Thank You for making this such a great place.

Your mention of an RFC Spitfire has got my pheromones popping though - phwoah, an open cockpit Spit in PC10 with big roundels and the blue and white nose of a 56Sqdn SE5.  Stoppit. .... but where is that 1/32 Revell MkIIa.....