Author Topic: One of those models  (Read 1047 times)

Offline gcn

One of those models
« on: November 04, 2012, 09:09:38 PM »
Have you ever had one of those models where everything goes wrong. Well my WNW Bristol fits that bill. I've already ordered a second kit as I made such a mess of the fuselage, now today after spending 2 hours modelling I'm further from the finish than I was before I started.

The only bit I'm happy with are the undersides of the wings and now I find out I've painted one set of ailerons upside down. The amount of different colours I've used getting the effect I'm happy with ill never get an exact match.

Jeeves pass me my hammer.

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
Re: One of those models
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 10:42:22 PM »
  LOL Step Away From The Hammer. Seriously though any possiblity you can still save her ?
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline gcn

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 02:04:30 AM »
It's saved as I've bought another one. A good deal of work from this build will go forward to the next build though.

I even managed to screw up the IP as I thought it would be a good idea to scrape all the detail off, in the same session I managed to remove half the engine bulkhead from the sprue whilst leaving what seems the other half on the sprue. Oh happy days.

Never model after alcohol.

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2012, 02:11:51 AM »
I can commiserate with you but in my case it's my current LVG build. At least you can blame your issues on booze. I have no such excuse.

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

WarrenD

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2012, 02:33:42 AM »
I can feel your pain. I keep messing with a kit until I screw something up, all in the name of "making it just a leeeetle bit better".  As of now there are 3-4 kits on the shelf of shame in various stages of destruction, rather than construction. As others have advised. Just put it away, and go build something else for a bit.

Warren