Author Topic: Roden's 1/32 S.E.5a (Wollseley Viper) - Grinnell-Milne's 'Schweinhund'  (Read 4346 times)

Offline rolanddvi

Chris,

That is one very cool looking airplane. Outstanding job!

rolanddvi

Offline Modelnut

I was beginning to think British and American planes were all drab! Thanks for modelling some color! 
Everyone here amazes me with such realistic paint skills. Yours is outstanding! :)

Offline Chris Johnson

Thanks for all of your comments! With support like this, you fellows will have to put up with another one of my efforts in the near future.  ;D  For my next project though, I'm going to have a go at Trumpeter's 1/32 Swordfish Mk.II. When you think of it, I'm really not straying too far from the fold as it's still a biplane.

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline ALBATROS1234

hell yeah chris that sucker looks sweet man. very striking scheme.

Offline Epeeman

Chris,

Only just picked up on this one - a very, very nice model indeed - well done, mate!

Regards

Dave
As we say in fencing, what's the point?

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
Chris,
    I missed your "rollout" of the completed model, was on the road to the Western Regional Show. Very nice finish after more then one "bump in the road"! Striking colour scheme and great work all round, Congrats on a fine looking model!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
  Lance,
Speaking of the Western Regional Show, how did you do my old friend?
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
  Lance,
Speaking of the Western Regional Show, how did you do my old friend?
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette

Greg,
    Had a ball, learned a lot, and even got a (minor) plaque/award. I'll be sorting out the photos and my thoughts, thought I'd do a report in the appropriate section later today/tonight.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Trackpad

Hey, Chris,

You sure snuck that one past me! Excellent work, as usual. And you wanted ME to start the WNW SE to show YOU how to do it! The shoe is certainly on the other foot now, methinks!   ;D
Cheers!
Gary

"It was an adventure, a great adventure. And, like all great adventures, we never knew where it would lead or how it would end."

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
I enjoyed following your build, in spite of your tribulations. Correction:actually the tribulations made it more interesting -- and I'm not talking about schadenfreude. A good story needs a conflict...

In the end she came out very nicely indeed, congratulations!

Cheers,

Tony

Offline Chris Johnson

Thanks for all of your comments. She ain't as 'purty' as the models you fellows churn out with ease, but with my skill set, I'm darned happy with each and everyone of these birds I'm able to build.  ;D

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.