Author Topic: Wingnut Junkers D.I  (Read 8585 times)

Offline mike in calif

Re: Wingnut Junkers D.I
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2018, 02:26:31 AM »
I'll be getting one....or two. Ought to look great next to my J.1.

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2018, 02:27:29 AM »
100% !!!!!!

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2018, 03:05:40 AM »
That is a relief. My stash has grown too much in the recent months. And this release will definitely not increase it. A few months for quiet building of what I have already at home, before something interesting comes.  ;)

Too funny, my thoughts exactly! We are truly getting spoiled; I was holding back on that Fokker D.II from Special Hobby, now there's no reason to delay any longer. ;)
Cheers,
Lance

Count me in on this group also. My WNW stash is up to 8, the highest it has ever been  ::)
RGIII
Same here.  I was hoping it wouldn't be a re-pop of an older kit, but even that would've been better, imho.  All metal, no rigging.  Just like WWII.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Eric Armstrong

• Expectation is a prison
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2018, 03:40:21 AM »
Just think, no rigging!

Guy

It will sell like hot cakes for that reason alone.
Honor Necessity

Offline Manni

• Der Militärmodellbauer
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2018, 03:59:42 AM »
I am very happy with their choice . Great thing to weather with lots of scratches showing the Aluminum

Bye, Manni
"Ich hab' da mal was vorbereitet.": Jean Pütz
"Warum noch mehr Bausätze?!?": meine Frau

Offline Chuckt5

« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2018, 04:05:21 AM »
I know its not the sexist of all the possible choices but I think it's a great choice for someone who wants to try a WNW's kit but is scared off all the rigging. I also thnk its going to bring more modellers into the WW1 aircraft fold which is a good thing for all of us.

I'll be getting one.

Good choice WNW!  ;)

Online Borsos

« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2018, 04:05:41 AM »
Hi!
Of all the beautiful WWI aircraft left, they chose that...thing.
It's as disappointing as a new SW movie... :'(
Ciao
Iwik

I am with you: Disappointed.
Borsos
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Online macsporran

« Reply #22 on: February 01, 2018, 04:33:20 AM »
Manni, your pictures look as if you have got one home and photographed it on your kitchen table?
If you have indeed bought one, how much was it please?
Thanks, Sandy

Offline Derrick

« Reply #23 on: February 01, 2018, 04:48:26 AM »
I am down for one. Thinking the 2 seater may not be far behind

Offline eindecker

• The penultimate word in scale modeling since 1956
    • Models In Scale
« Reply #24 on: February 01, 2018, 06:08:42 AM »
A good thread. I have to laugh at the personal preferences statements. That’s what modeling is. I, for one, don’t care much for the Camel series. Now, if only Richthofen or Voss had lived to fly one of these Junkers its popularity index would be much higher. Lol

The Junkers was my first Wingnut Wings build and it was fun. I will likely get the D.1 at some point. An innovative airplane and a special model kit from an innovative company.

You have to appreciate Wingnut Wings for marching to their own tune. I do.
Michael Scott
Author of "The Q Fragments" http://Http://theqfragments.com & Amazon for paperback and Kindle.

Offline Russell

« Reply #25 on: February 01, 2018, 07:46:42 AM »
I think it’s an excellent choice as WnW have now captured both ends of WW1 aviation with the Taube & the D.I

The two aircraft help to show the amazing speed of development over just a few years.

Regards
Russell

Offline mgunns

« Reply #26 on: February 01, 2018, 09:20:11 AM »
I was hoping for something different, but not disappointed in the release of the D.1.  I never knew they existed until I saw the Roden 1/48 releases at which time I thought it was unfortunate that it wasn't released in 1/32nd scale, so I will probably get one as it is such a unique aircraft and I do have a passing interest in it.  As mentioned previously, if one of the Big Named German aces had flown it, I am sure it's popularity and acceptance would be more universal.  I won't be beating a path to be the first in line to get one, but at some point I will.   WNW could release it as a "Weekend Edition."
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline rayb24

« Reply #27 on: February 01, 2018, 09:33:33 AM »
As much as some may not like it, the D1 and it’s research around manufacturing with duraluminum make it a very historically important aircraft. It’s one I will get.
I’m happy it wasn’t a Nieuport 17 because of CSM and an 11 becuase I’d never finish mine lol.
Ray

Offline poshboy

« Reply #28 on: February 01, 2018, 04:36:55 PM »
like most here I understand why wnw has made a junkers d1 but I don't think I will be getting one because for me to spend £70 odd on a kit it would have to be something that really intrests me personally having said that I hope it sells well and I cant believe this will be the only kit from wnw we will see this year. ;D

Online Rob_Owens

« Reply #29 on: February 02, 2018, 04:24:23 AM »
I'm with Doug on this one.  In fact, I'll probably liquidate my WnW holdings to finance multiple Nie. 17 purchases, since I've a bunch of OOP decal sheets that have been waiting for just such an emergency.