Author Topic: WNW - New Kit Coming?  (Read 35561 times)

Offline Radarman

Re: WNW - New Kit Coming?
« Reply #75 on: April 21, 2018, 08:45:08 AM »
Well all I can say is, “The fun never stops!”

Kevin
We are all victims of history!

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #76 on: April 21, 2018, 09:15:42 AM »
MvR Alb D.V kit has decals for 5 options plus bonus decals for (Roden) Albatros D.III & (Roden) Fokker Dr.I

interesting. That should put a wet blanket on the speculation that WNW will release either of those any time soon.

Offline drdave

« Reply #77 on: April 21, 2018, 09:20:26 AM »
Underwhelmed apart from the tripehound.

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #78 on: April 21, 2018, 09:20:55 AM »
...100% want the WNW kids colouring page.....

Steve

Offline krow113

« Reply #79 on: April 21, 2018, 09:21:12 AM »
WTH!
Decals for other manufacturers kits?
No boundaries at WNW !
The long promised figs are nice , is a Gotha premier edition far behind?
...and yeah 2 for the coloring book...

Offline Europapete

« Reply #80 on: April 21, 2018, 09:24:47 AM »
Nice! sign me up for one of each! Have been researching Hawkers plane for my DH2, now I don't have to  :D

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #81 on: April 21, 2018, 09:30:51 AM »
Note that this means an Oswald Boelcke Fokker E.IV packaging is no doubt in the pipeline -- the kit already has the "O/B" nose ornament molded on one of cowlings (which you are told to file off in the instructions).

Probably they are waiting for the regular boxing to sell out before announcing.

Offline aliluke

« Reply #82 on: April 21, 2018, 09:57:37 AM »
I'm just back from the Expo. As well as the box art for the new kits on display - no kit inside as yet - they had a lot of out of production and damaged kits for sale (limit of 1 per customer) and 20% off for purchases over NZ$200. Selling like hotcakes! Also the Junkers D1 was there of course. I picked up a Hannover and a set of Wooden Wonders decals for the Alb DV. (both previously sold out) for NZ$160. Happy with that  :).

Cheers,
Alistair
It ain't a hobby if you have to hurry.

Dekenba

« Reply #83 on: April 21, 2018, 11:07:36 AM »
I'll pass on all these new WNW kits. I don't like the pilot based boxing's with figures. 90% of modellers I know don't like figures, it's an entirely different type of modelling to aircraft. Looks like WNW are trying to cash in on their OOP kits by pushing them as long promised "deluxe" boxing's, with figures & decals, maybe some PE?

It's new ground for WNW and a big move away from how they've operated in the past. I don't like kits glorifying particular pilots, it just doesn't sit well with me for some reason.

For the first time ever, I'll pass on WNW's new boxing's. I've got well over 50 WNW kits, but these are easily ones I can avoid buying, especially so as I expect the prices to be higher than normal.

Pretty disappointing.

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #84 on: April 21, 2018, 11:24:21 AM »
Easy pass for me as well, and for all of the same reasons Dekenba. I really personally dislike figures next to models, imo they almost always spoil the illusion... but to each his own.

A caveat would be if there is any retooling (doubtful) and if these include the long promised exhaustive PE sheets (unclear, but not mentioned, so ... not looking good).

Nice to know that I can splurge on a couple of Junker's D.Is intead though, without worrying too much about what's next.

To me the most interesting news by far is the bonus decals for the Alb D.III & Fok Dr.I. On the face of it that would appear to be an admission that (as long held by WNW) that they won't release these as long as there is a credible alternative. Of course it could all be another WNW fake-out, they've done that in the past too.

Offline Marcus.Q1000859

« Reply #85 on: April 21, 2018, 11:42:11 AM »
In the Albatross box pictures the first decal option shows a fairing behind the pilots head. Is that a standard part of the kit that I just was not aware of?

Marcus

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #86 on: April 21, 2018, 11:46:33 AM »
In the Albatross box pictures the first decal option shows a fairing behind the pilots head. Is that a standard part of the kit that I just was not aware of?

Marcus

yep, it's part F.1 :

Offline krow113

« Reply #87 on: April 21, 2018, 11:47:08 AM »
These smack of collector kits , and seeing the numbers of models guys are collecting  , 5-6 of WNW types , maybe WNW see's a market within a market.
I only have about 24 , no doubles.

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #88 on: April 21, 2018, 12:11:54 PM »
so some clarification from Jamo on Facebook, our man at the show  -- (btw, the pix from the show are his)

"These are not the 'deluxe' kits as originally envisaged. There are limited decal options, no extra photo etched"

I had forgotten that part of the original "Deluxe" boxing promise were 10 decal options (along with extensive PE and resin figures).

Interestingly, we got the 10+ decal option with the Jasta 5 triple (which makes way more sense -- who wants to pay for nine options they can't use?),  and now resin figures with these boxings.

Online RAGIII

« Reply #89 on: April 21, 2018, 01:31:08 PM »
I am glad to see the return of the Albatros, Sopwith Triplane and DH2.. That being said the price will be a MAJOR factor to me. I "Need" one more Albatros for my collection so probably will go for that one at least. I already have one MvR figure and plan to get the Aviattic one so not too excited about a third. The Decals for the Roden kits are interesting to say the least. I wonder what all of those guys on the WNW fan page will do with theirs as we know Roden kits can not be built  ::)
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler