Author Topic: 91st AERO Sq. video to get you excited about the New GasPatch or up-coming WNW  (Read 1390 times)

Offline Galloway

Not sure this is the right place to post this but I found this video amazing.......... I am sure many have seen it before....?

I for one missed this it in the whole............ I have seen bits and pieces ...........

Ken 

http://imageevent.com/okbueno/mopic?p=0&n=1&m=-1&c=10&l=0&w=4&s=0&z=2
"Slàinte mhòr agad!"

Offline LindsayT

• "Somehow it didn't seem like war at all..."
Wow, that was some pretty incredible footage. I've never seen such a comprehensive video from the period telling a complete story.

The group shot at the end is what really personalizes the stories for me. I try to put myself in their position, which of course I can't possibly imagine what they went through daily. But when you see a line of young guys being jackasses in front of the camera, now that I can see myself doing, and that is what really makes me stop and think that they were just like me, or like I was. Only much braver. It's sad to think about all the young lives cut short. That's why I try and preserve their memory, if only the smallest part of it, through reading, learning, and - from time to time - modelling.

Thanks very much for sharing that, Ken.

LT

Offline Galloway

LT,

Said so well and exactly the way I would have said it if I could have put it into words ..........

Ken
"Slàinte mhòr agad!"

Dekenba

The gunner is pretty handy with the Scarf ring mounted machine guns - makes them look very light!

Offline mgunns

It's intersting to note that the Navy adopted the Knight on the horse  emblem for one of their bombing squadrons emblems during the post WWI years into WWII.  I think it was bombing 5.  It looked like Rickenbacker was one of the pilots.  Did you notice the dog biting the one guy on the left hand.  Must have been a cur.

Cheers

Mark
Mark

We few, we happy few.....