Author Topic: Latest acquisition in your collection  (Read 367121 times)

Offline jknaus

Re: Latest acquisition in your collection
« Reply #1470 on: October 09, 2015, 02:34:33 AM »
Got the book Flying Fox: Otto Fuchs: a German Aviator's Story 1917-1918 and some decals for future projects. Also a cockpit for my Spad XIII. Decals and cockpit from Kiwi Resin Models.

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/0764342525?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00

James

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #1471 on: October 09, 2015, 05:22:35 AM »
Both very nice additions, James. Must be a good week for Cold Lake Modelling, I got these in Ottawa last week at CapCon.

The book, in absolutely "mint" condition was $90 Canadian, a little under $70 US. I'm pretty sure it was a "steal" at that price, it's 4 X that on-line. Does anyone know the story on the version with an all black cover at approximately $2000 that I saw a while back? Earlier or original printing perhaps?

Also got this kit along with the Roden Pfalz DIII and the WNW Naval Pup and DVII (Fok). All but the Pfalz were purchased from Mark (MGunns), he seems a little more realistic about his Stash limits then myself..................  I've ordered the Bren Gun Etch Set for the SS DIII.

Nice side benefits to what was a wonderful get together and weekend!
Cheers,
Lance

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #1472 on: October 09, 2015, 08:45:02 AM »
That's a great book, Lance, and you got it at a very reasonable price.  I have the later version without the color profiles.  I'm just a tad bit envious, buddy. 
I got this in the mail today.  Very excited about it.

Easy to assemble and easy to use.  Best jig I've ever owned.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #1473 on: October 09, 2015, 11:01:14 AM »
Jig Looks good, where and how much?
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #1474 on: October 09, 2015, 11:25:19 AM »
Ooops!  Sorry, Ed.  I meant to include that.
http://www.vertigo-miniatures.com/vertigo/eshop/15-1-VERTIGO-jigs
I got this one.
http://www.vertigo-miniatures.com/vertigo/eshop/15-1-VERTIGO-jigs/0/5/798-Jigs-for-biplane-in-scale-1-72-and-1-48
With shipping, it was $43.69 and took 5 weeks to get here.  The least expensive of all the jigs I own.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline Ernie

• "Once more into the breach"
« Reply #1475 on: October 09, 2015, 05:09:41 PM »
Nice one, Bud.  Worth the wait by the looks of it!

Cheers,
Ernie :)
The new old guy, take two...

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #1476 on: October 09, 2015, 05:36:23 PM »
Great pick-up with the book and kits Lance, the Roden SS D.III is a pretty good kit and builds up to be a nice looking model.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #1477 on: October 09, 2015, 11:22:59 PM »
Great pick-up with the book and kits Lance, the Roden SS D.III is a pretty good kit and builds up to be a nice looking model.

Des.

I've had a chance to thumb through the book, it's a really great reference and the quality of the paper, printing, colour etc. is incredible. Now, if WNW or someone else would produce a few less common AH designs........ ??? Regardless, I've now got the key to learning more about this not so common subject.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
« Reply #1478 on: October 10, 2015, 12:24:52 PM »
Got the book Flying Fox: Otto Fuchs: a German Aviator's Story 1917-1918 and some decals for future projects. Also a cockpit for my Spad XIII. Decals and cockpit from Kiwi Resin Models.

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/0764342525?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00

James

James,
What scale is that beautiful SPAD cockpit?
" What Me Worry"

Offline jknaus

« Reply #1479 on: October 13, 2015, 10:23:59 AM »
Its 1/32.  http://www.kiwiresin.com/
Saw it here https://www.scalemates.com/companies/company.php?id=1276
Came quickly and wasnt a bad price.
Wouldn't mind the Swallow conversion also.
James

Offline Cajun

« Reply #1480 on: October 13, 2015, 09:54:28 PM »
Got these in the ail Saturday from someone on Facebook.  Only costs me $25 total.... not too shabby :)

Offline Fokker boy

« Reply #1481 on: October 19, 2015, 02:36:39 AM »
One of the very last that I received in the way of WWI stuff.

Kevin

(30 years ago I started off with nothing, and I've still got most of it!)

Offline ermeio

« Reply #1482 on: October 19, 2015, 07:12:11 AM »
Got these in the ail Saturday from someone on Facebook.  Only costs me $25 total.... not too shabby :)

WOW... this is the ballon buster that I have in storage somewhere
I mentioned it on this site some  months ago
a vacuform base representing a downed balloon and a revellish SPAD XIII
old memories

Offline IvotB

« Reply #1483 on: October 20, 2015, 12:32:08 AM »
17th October I recieved a parcel from WnW with the special deal SE.5a. As expected an excellent kit with additional info. Just to give you an idea how much time it took:
I ordered this deal on September 7th. So it needed almost 6 weeks from shipment to arrival. I recieved a notice already on september 7th that it left the WnW premises.
Even nicer are the following facts: it was registered with a value of 69 USD, which is today 60,88 euro. I recieved an additional invoice of 21,18 euro, which is 24 USD.
This is VAT 9,28 euro and 14,73 handling charges. It is not quite clear what the handling charges are. It says: I have to report the import of this product to the dutch customs. However the Netherlands mail has done this for me and charges the 14,73 euro, because I won't know when the package arrives. It remains an interesting and unclear procedure as the value of the product is rated at 38,96 euro where it is 60,88.

I will forget about all this when I'm building this kit, which promises to be a pleasure.

regards,
Ivo

Offline IvotB

« Reply #1484 on: October 20, 2015, 03:41:42 AM »
Yes, for sure. Just like the others in my stash: Sopwith Pup, Brisfit, Albatros D.III and perhaps the DH-9. I'm hoping for a Brandenburg W.12. A Gotha is still a possibility. There are pictures with orange circles on it, but it may never have flown like that.

regards,
Ivo