Author Topic: What's on your build list?  (Read 3033 times)

Offline GAJouette

• " Beware of the Spanish Inquisition"
Re: What's on your build list?
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2013, 09:26:47 AM »
  Des,
  Nah,never stops my old friend. There's alway the next must have kit in the pipeline.
Highest Regards,
Gregory Jouette
" What Me Worry"

Offline IanB

« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2013, 01:20:25 PM »
 I prefer to do one at a time, but sometimes I find I'm missing something and have to wait for it, so start another. I have two sitting waiting and one actively in progress at the moment. My next build tends to be decided by group builds - the next two being a 1:72 Meikraft SPAD XIII in Frank Luke's colours, and either a Turkish Fokker E.III (Eduard) or a Bristol M.1C (Pegasus) also in 1:72.
 Since I have a house move coming up next week and will finally be moving into my own place instead of renting, these will wait, and after that I'm tempted to get back to the Airfix 1:24 Stuka that I haven't touched in 30 something years, or the 1:12 "Blower" Bentley sitting in my stash for just as long!
 The most likely follow ups are a Toko Pfalz XII and Sopwith Salamander, both with PART PE, and the Airfix H-P 0/400 but that may very easily change - there's a tempting Omega Farman Shorthorn in the stash too.....then again, what will the group builds be?
Decisions, decisions....

Ian

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #17 on: January 11, 2013, 01:00:40 AM »
might do a Stormovik to break the rigging up.

Good idea. I don't think there's many of us interested in the Stormovik but seeing how Mr. Tamiya took pity on those of us who are, it's a kit I plan to tackle in the future too.

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

Offline IanB

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2013, 01:54:20 AM »
RB - I think it qualifies as early - it says "NEW" on the box! (it was a Christmas pressy from my grandmother and she passed away in '77!). I'll be doing the Battle of Britain version so PM me your address and I'll send them off to you.

Ian

Offline Pete Nottingham

• I chose the wrong week to stop sniffing glue
« Reply #19 on: January 11, 2013, 02:44:19 AM »
Well the Roland is ordered, plus a few extras, just have to wait for WnW to get back after their Christmas break, looking forward to getting started on it.
But like a lot of you guys I only build one at a time so I can concentrate on the one project.

Cheers

Pete

Dekenba

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2013, 02:58:29 AM »
Build?

You mean your supposed to build them?

How very quaint.

Offline James

What's on your build list?
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2013, 03:45:44 AM »
I have quite a lot....Hopefully my wife Christy will build with me on some of these.

All 1/48 Scale...

Ki-27 Nate
Ki-44 Tojo - 6 of these
B-17F - 3 of these
P-47 - 3
F4U Corsair
TBF-1C Avenger
OS2U Kingfisher
SB2C Helldiver
B-24D
B-24J
F-86
F-84E
F-22
F-14
A6M2 Zero

1/32 Scale

Gotha G.IV
Ki-44 Tojo
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 03:48:25 AM by James »
Axes Grind and Maces Clash

Offline Whiteknuckles

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2013, 04:51:04 PM »
Build?

You mean your supposed to build them?

How very quaint.

That made me laugh!! ;)

I also fall into the camp of one build at a time due to time and space restrictions.....well I will when I finally finish my 1st subject and move onto the 2nd. That 1st subject is the Roden 1/32 Dr.I, the 2nd depends on the outcome of the Fokker.... ::)

Andrew
Eternal Apprentice

Offline Vickers

« Reply #23 on: January 12, 2013, 03:13:26 PM »
I don't know... after my last build finished up before Christmas I began staging kits on the bench only to return them to the stash and fondle something else. Perhaps I'm going mad. :o
Bruno: "How many rules are there?"

Willi: "I don't know... none of zem have ever been written down."

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2013, 08:09:30 PM »
Anything! Would be nice  :'(

BVB

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

WarrenD

« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2013, 04:48:35 AM »
I'm trying to resurrect a 1/72nd A6M2 Zero build that started out as a simple OOB exercise a few years back, but got bogged down by AMS and real life. Since I'm going to have to mix paint for the airbrush I'm considering doing a "batch build" and including a Fine Molds and Tamiya kit to the pile while I'm at it. I like the idea of a "batch build" in order to help clear the shelves of unbuilt kits. After that, I'd like to see about resurrecting some other stalled builds I shelved for various reasons:

- Eduard Nie.17
- MAC Spad C.VII
- Flashback Sopwith 1.5 Strutter

Seems I can't let any kit alone and enjoy an OOB build. I'm always having to do something to improve it, and I push things to the brink and mess something up that is beyond my current skill set to repair. Oh well, at least I hopefully learned from my mistakes.

Warren
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 04:50:24 AM by WarrenD »

Offline PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2013, 07:48:28 AM »
I build one at a time, like many of you. The choice for the next one is hard to define: a new WNW release, inspiration from a book, new decal set, model built by one of you - any of these factors can decide. Generally I have 2-3 kits planned in advance but this changes sometimes. At the moment I am finishing WNW Albatros D.V (it came to me as a MoM prize and immidiately jumped on the list top), next planned is WNW Hannover (inspired by the surprise release), then I will build AZModel 1:72 Pfalz E.I as my Secret Santa Group Build contribution. The further ones are not so clear but WNW DH2 (again a new release) and Roden's 1:72 Pfalz D.III (inspired by Rowan's decal set for Jasta 18) are most probable.
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline Epeeman

« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2013, 10:44:19 PM »
I mainly build one at at time although occasionally I run another (small) build in parallel. 

As it happens, I have over the last few months (very much on and off) been building Encore's 1/72 Pfalz DIII 'Blue Max' kit.  Picked this one up again in between working on my current WNW Fok DVII.  Not such a great kit (it is a Roden kit) but the decals are superb.   

After yesterday's disaster with one of my display cabinets, I now (sadly) have more display space so will be able to work the kits in my small stash.

Regards

Dave

As we say in fencing, what's the point?

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2013, 12:38:59 PM »
Well, it's happened again.  My build list has changed, and the Voss F.1 will just have to wait.  This time it was seeing this reproduction Fokker D.VII at Rhinebeck Aerodrome last month:

I have now started the WNW Fokker D.VII (OAW), in the Seven Swabians scheme using the WNW Fighting Fokkers (OAW) decal sheet along with Wood & Wire 4-color lozenge.  Sometimes your next modeling project just appears. ;)  So much for my list!

Regards,

Bob

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2013, 01:01:34 PM »
Great choice Bob, the scheme for this plane is excellent, I'll be looking forward to seeing you start work on this one. Don't worry to much about changing your mind, I do it all the time.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com