Author Topic: Has anyone ever thought...  (Read 2997 times)

Offline Pete Nottingham

• I chose the wrong week to stop sniffing glue
Re: Has anyone ever thought...
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2013, 12:51:11 AM »
Should keep you busy doing alternative markings Rowan. ;D

Cheers

Pete

Offline drdave

« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2013, 12:52:02 AM »
I need an emoticon that does smug rubbing of hands together whist saying "Eeexcelleeent"

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2013, 02:42:40 AM »
I need an emoticon that does smug rubbing of hands together whist saying "Eeexcelleeent"

here ya go:

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2013, 02:56:01 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D

Offline drdave

« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2013, 03:21:46 AM »
Right click, save. Expect to see it again!

Offline Tony Haycock

« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2013, 10:12:17 PM »
A BE2 will be an instant wallet-emptier for me...

Offline Todd Holaday

« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2013, 10:54:53 PM »
Yes, it's not only the money but the time!  If only I didn't need to sleep.  I'm guessing everyone is like me and buying kits faster than they can build them.  My lesson learned was when the WNW Hansa sold out.  Buy now, build later (and hope to live to be 110 with good eyesight).  Fortunately WNW told me in an email that it is planned to be reissued at some point with extras (more photoetch). 

BTW, it struck me as funny to see Rowan Broadbent with "Junior Member" below his name.  I can't think of anyone less Junior.  Thank you for all the work you do Rowan in this field.  On your first post, the computer should have recognized you and called you "Master". ;D

mike in calif

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2013, 10:20:07 AM »
I'd like to see the Junkers D-1, the little monoplane. And a couple of more floatplanes.

Offline Graham t

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2013, 08:27:31 PM »
I have heard it said that WNW are against releasing a kit of anything that has been done by other manufacturers.  Make's sense but it didn't stop them realeasing a Sopwith Triplane in the face of Roden (which I understand isn't a bad kit in itself).  It's claimed that the Hobbycraft Camel is why they haven't released on of their own although I read that the HC Camel is a dog.  Anyone able to comment on that?

Offline Checkers67

« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2013, 12:23:49 AM »
Here's my two cents; Lloyd C.V, Berg D.I, Phonix D.I & D.II, FF33E, Jenny, any SVA, Caproni, Lohner Sea Planes, Ufag C.I, Phonix C.I, English Sea Planes and DFW C.V! Whew!
 Any of these as WnW dream kits I want.
Steve

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2013, 12:29:56 AM »
I'd buy everything on your list except the Jenny, Steve, but first I'd want to see a Roland C.II, Halby CL.II and D.I. A SPAD A2 would also be cool.

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2013, 01:57:42 AM »
Of course WNW will do a Lloyd C.V in the near future, since I'm scratchbuilding one now! ;)  Isn't that one of the primary laws of the modeling universe? ;D

That would be just fine with me though, as I'd love to do another Lloyd in the Autumn mottle camo as well. :)  In any event, I'm really using the Lloyd scratch project to learn some new skills and experiment a bit.  It will be far from perfect (assuming I actually get it to all fot together and stay that way!), but it's really a learning project anyway.

Regards,

Bob

Online lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2013, 03:12:49 AM »
I have heard it said that WNW are against releasing a kit of anything that has been done by other manufacturers.  Make's sense but it didn't stop them realeasing a Sopwith Triplane in the face of Roden (which I understand isn't a bad kit in itself).  It's claimed that the Hobbycraft Camel is why they haven't released on of their own although I read that the HC Camel is a dog.  Anyone able to comment on that?

Graham,
    I have been pondering the Hobbycraft Camel "thing" for some time. What I've been told (here and elsewhere) is that it depends on which release you are talking about. Bottom line is that the "New tooled" versions of the Kit are pretty good and all others really awful. The new and desirable ones are packaged as Kit Number 1693 LeRhone Version or Kit Number HC 1694 Clerget Version. I have the Clerget one in my stash and have the LeRhone one on hold with another member here. The Kit I have looks pretty good, not WNW standard but the moldings, rib tapes and surface detail look as good as any Roden Kits I've got. It will require some additions as the cockpit detail etc is pretty sketchy. Several of our members here have done these kits up beautifully, I believe Des has one in completed Models Section.
    This is my understanding of the quality of these kits, I havn`t built one to date. Anyone else got info, thoughts, or corrections ???
    The reason I`m `stashing`these two Kits is I really want a Camel or two in my 1:32 collection at some point, and there doesn`t seem to be any great rush from WNW or Roden to release one.
   Hope this helps,
Cheers,
Lance

Offline pepperman42

• Sergeant, my brown pants.......
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2013, 04:22:33 AM »
My only question is - Is the Academy kit the old mold or new one? I know Academy and Hobbycraft share molds.

Steve

Offline LindsayT

• "Somehow it didn't seem like war at all..."
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2013, 05:45:27 AM »
I'm nowhere near qualified to opine on the subject, but I found this on "the Internet" so it must be accurate, right?

http://hsfeatures.com/features04/camelcompbb_1.htm

Now, where to find these kits...

LT