Author Topic: Will Eduard do new 1/32 kits in the future?  (Read 4144 times)

Offline Pup7309

Will Eduard do new 1/32 kits in the future?
« on: January 02, 2021, 02:05:04 PM »
I had the above thought when going through their catalog/ue. They have done a few popular subjects Se5a, Fok D7, Albatros, Camel etc. in 72/48. CSM, Roden, Lukhgrph etc are jumping in to fill out the unfinished range. As WNW are dead and almost buried in theory there is still room for the big sellers re-popped...
« Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 02:13:29 PM by Pup7309 »
‘Not all who wander are lost‘

Online Borsos

Re: Will Eduard do new 1/32 kits in the future?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2021, 11:00:17 PM »
I think that is an attractive idea as 1/32 scale eduard WW1 kits surely would be first rate kits. But I am not too optimistic. Eduard only released one 1:32 scale kit at all, their Messerschmitt bf-109 E, which is, although a great kit nothing too exotic. All their other offerings are 1:48 or 1:72 respectively.
Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Bughunter

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2021, 02:10:41 AM »
Andreas, are you sure? As far as I know they have a 108 in 1/32, but they used the moulds of some other company.

Cheers,
Frank

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2021, 02:47:29 AM »
Andreas is correct . Eduard did release their own Bf 109 in 32 scale . It's just a little better then Hasegawa but not as good as the Cyperhobby ( Dragon ) 32 scale . All other 32 scale kit's they have released are others manufactures with resin and PE up grades  .

However though it would be nice to see Eduard up scale their WW1 kit's such as their Albatros W-4 , but I just don't see Eduard really carrying on with their WW 1 range other then re-boxings . I could be completely wrong as well ...just never know what the future holds in the end .

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline hiddeous1973

• Don't worry, Baldrick has a cunning plan !!
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2021, 02:56:46 AM »
They announced a new-tool 1/48, Sopwith Camel to be relaesed later this year, although all relaese dates are fictional now, after the big fire they had.
I am sure it will still come and will be very interested in that, especially their claim that it will be the best detailed ww1 kit ever, period. It will take some serious mold making techniques to better the Aviattic Ansaldo kit!!!

I hope it will lead to some new and hopefully exotic 1/48 kits from Eduard, they have more then a few that could do with a new-tool relaese.
Don't think they will ever do a 1/32 though.

Bughunter

« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2021, 05:29:09 AM »
For the 108 Eduard got an offer to buy the moulds, but they stated that it will be an exception to do this big scale.

Cheers,
Frank

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2021, 09:59:27 AM »
Is that's Eduards tooling Frank ?

Alexis
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #7 on: January 03, 2021, 12:02:26 PM »
Hi
Yes it seems wishful thinking at this stage. I heard their Se5 was a nice kit. The WW2 stuff definitely is. Looking at demand for 1/32 WW1 you’d think it would be worth considering. But if they haven’t even upsized a fw 190, Mustang or Spit, I doubt they’d do a Fok D7 etc. Oh well.
‘Not all who wander are lost‘

Offline Iancshippee

« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2021, 12:06:39 AM »
I for one hope they don't, there are precious few manufacturers still providing to the 1:48 ww1 crowd. I fear if they did switch over our options would begin to dry up. For example, Edgar from CSM hinted to me a few years back about the Caudron G3 coming along to pair with the G4 in 1:48, however it is now a pending release in 1:32. Still a wonderful occurrence, but I feel the chances of new 1:48 plastic releases from CSM are slim now that they have dipped into the 1:32 market, and I worry if Eduard did that the same thing would play out. I'm hopeful however that their new Camel release shows that they are committed to increasing and improving their WW1 offerings.

Offline Berman

« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2021, 02:45:24 AM »
 I am also waiting for the promised 1/48 Caudron G3. It seems quite plausible that they could produce a kit in 1/48th scale as well as their 1/32nd scale kit because they have already done the research and time consuming computer modeling.

Online Borsos

« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2021, 06:29:10 AM »
Is that's Eduards tooling Frank ?

Alexis

The company that made the molds was called „Striped Fighter“. Eduard bought them, when this company disappeared. Also their other 1/32 kits are produced by someone else like their P-40 — the plastic is from Hasegawa and eduard threw in their decals, resin bits and PE-frets.

Andreas

Andreas
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2021, 09:42:52 AM »
Thanks again Andreas

Alexis
« Last Edit: January 04, 2021, 09:47:39 AM by Alexis »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Online WD

« Reply #12 on: January 05, 2021, 01:54:51 AM »
FWIW, I am with Iancshippee on this one. While I'm not a 1/48th scale guy, I'd certainly hate to see the manufacture of WWI kits in that scale disappear. To me, and in my mind, Eduard almost single-handedly resurrected WWI modeling in the 90's with their 1/48th scale releases, I'd like to see them continue in that vein. The 1/48th scale guys just don't get much love anymore.

Just my opinion only, your madness may vary.

WD

Online macsporran

« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2021, 04:34:01 AM »
I don't think anybody is going to risk kitting the big sellers in 1/32 - Fokker Dr.I, D.VII, Albatros D.V, Camel and SE5a - while the possibility of Wingnuts' moulds re-entering the market exists. The other most popular types - Nieuport and SPAD - are covered by CSM and Roden. I can't see Eduard calculating much profit from entering the 1/32 WWI market now.
However we have seen a brief period of popularity for big multi-engine WWI bombers - mostly amongst modellers who build for competitions or vanity projects, but I think the large numbers of Gotha G.I and UWD kits left languishing on retailers shelves shows this has run it's course.
I sold my WNW bombers unmade as they were just too big for my private collection, however I would probably now buy good kits of Gothas, Friedrichshavens, etc if Eduard quality kits of these types appeared in 1/48 scale

Online WD

« Reply #14 on: January 05, 2021, 05:28:36 AM »
I don't think anybody is going to risk kitting the big sellers in 1/32 - Fokker Dr.I, D.VII, Albatros D.V, Camel and SE5a - while the possibility of Wingnuts' moulds re-entering the market exists. The other most popular types - Nieuport and SPAD - are covered by CSM and Roden. I can't see Eduard calculating much profit from entering the 1/32 WWI market now.

Yep. Agreed.

WD