Author Topic: Decisions decisions  (Read 969 times)

Offline Gilly

Decisions decisions
« on: August 16, 2013, 08:01:58 PM »
Looking for some advice from you all out there folks.

I am looking to secure a 1/32 scale for my stash after having had some success with 1/48 and really enjoy building these amazing kits. However I do have a budget of only £65 to spend wisely on a kit or kits.

My thoughts are obviously Wingnut Wings and within this budget I can secure the Roland DV1 or the  Albatros DV and even just slightly over budget the Fokker DVII.

However I am tempted also to perhaps forego WNW as I can secure courtesy of Roden the Fokker DR1 and the Pfalz D.III ???

I would be most grateful for any advice folks as I have been pondering this for ages now and I know unless I do something soon I will dip out on them all.

Look forward to your advice

Kind regards to all

Mark

Offline Dave W

• Administrator
Re: Decisions decisions
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2013, 08:40:24 PM »
Hello Mark

I agree the WnW Roland DVI is a great start in 1/32 scale WW1 modelling. A superb kit with no vices during construction.

Roden kits are very nice but can be a little unforgiving to a newcomer to 1/32 scale. The WnW range is more straightforward and backed by superb full colour instruction booklets. Having built the WNW Roland I wholeheartedly recommend it.

cheers

Dave Wilson
Gold Coast
Australia
Owner and Administrator of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline mc65

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2013, 09:03:38 PM »
wnw all the life! those are not kits, are experiences... ;)

I have on the stash a roden Dr.I and a wnw D.Va, the difference it's measurable in light years...

Offline Gilly

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2013, 10:43:16 PM »
Thank you all for your very informative comments, they are very much appreciated and confirm my gut instinct re the WnW's , therefore time to press the magic pay now button  :).

There thats the job done  ;D. Will get a couple more 1/48's done first but at least I will have this ready and waiting in the wings.

Thanks for all your help folks.

Have a good weekend

Kind regards Mark

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2013, 02:17:15 PM »
you could still come bacl later and get a roden dr.1 ,spad vii or nieuport. they are often on sale for very reasonable.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2013, 12:13:14 AM »
Gilly,
   You won't regret your decision to start with the WNW Kit. Once you get a few under your belt you can always get one of the others, they are great kits in many cases however they do suffer from problems not seen on the WNW Products. As RB says, they are often available at really good prices as well.
Cheers,
Lance

Offline kornbeef

• U.K. Carpet monster genocide squad leader.
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2013, 03:17:13 AM »
I'd seriously consider WNW's Pfalz D.IIIa too its a lovely kit with few flaws. Not to mention incredibly elegant too.

Keith
Never too old to learn sumfink noo

Offline Gilly

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2013, 07:09:10 PM »
Thank you all very much for your kind advice and assistance, as always it is very much appreciated.

The Roland has arrived and i have to say what a wonderful kit it is, the whole total package is impressive. I cant wait to get started on it but have a couple more 1/48's to do before the Roland hits the bench.

I do rather fancy that WnW Pfalz DIIIa too   8), oh no I feel more of my diecast collection flying out the window to be replaced by these wonderful kits  :o

Thanks again all your help as been invaluable

kind regards

Mark