Author Topic: Eduard 1:48 Morane Saulnier type- L  (Read 3111 times)

Offline ALBATROS1234

Re: Eduard 1:48 Morane Saulnier type- L
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2013, 05:20:01 PM »
definately a crude kit, i have 2, one of which i will make into a pfalz a.1 . the plastic is strange it has a waxy/soapy texture but it sands o.k. the hotchkiss gun which is made from pe parts is better sourced from a spare from a newer eduard morane "n" or else get one of the beautiful gaspatch ones. the instructions are also a bit vague in spots so study them carefully. like all the old eduard stuff it builds up nice with work and dedication. plus its the only game in town if you want a morane parasol. should be a fun build. i love it when guys build the oldies or scratch stuff. sick of wnw build logs.

Offline JoeDxMB

« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2013, 01:54:02 AM »
"Crude"  is a bit of an understatement except for the PE set that gives the kit real potential.

For the past week I  ave been  preparing the fuselage halves and drilling most of  the necessary holes in them. 
I also spent time just to decipher and detect omissions from the instructions .
The kit is definitely not for the novice builder. It demands some scratch building and reworking of some parts. 
The windsock certainly  helps.

BTW, I got a fondness  for the MS parasols ever since I  first saw an all original A1 fly back in the '80s
That was an amazing sight! :)
« Last Edit: August 03, 2013, 05:38:20 AM by JoeDxMB »

Offline Rob Hart

« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2013, 11:13:02 PM »
Joe,

Good luck with the build. I'm looking forward to viewing your progress.