Author Topic: TP's WNW 1/32nd Scale Biff  (Read 35115 times)

Offline RAGIII

Re: TP's WNW 1/32nd Scale Biff
« Reply #300 on: September 02, 2017, 05:35:11 AM »
Great to see this one finished! Beautiful work Gary!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #301 on: September 02, 2017, 06:36:09 AM »
Gary,

Good to see it finished and have you back here again !!

Ed

Hi, Ed,

Thanks for your welcome. Feels good to be back. I've got a few builds to finish up, as noted elsewhere (a British Javelin, my son's CC-130 Hercules that he flew in Afghanistan, and a contract build for a 25-pounder artillery piece, tractor and limber). But I'm leaning towards either the WNW Albatros DV or the Sopwith Pup when I get stuck back into the WW1 genre. Good to hear from you again!  :)
Cheers!
Gary

"It was an adventure, a great adventure. And, like all great adventures, we never knew where it would lead or how it would end."

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #302 on: September 02, 2017, 06:46:11 AM »
Gary,
    Although I've already acknowledged your milestone event on our exclusive Canadian Mafia Net I'll add my congratulations on a fine model and  your return to activity on the Forum here. As I recall Chris and I joined you on a "Mini-group Biff Build" almost 5 years ago, we just finished a little faster!
   I vote for the "Captured" Albie BTW, I'd love to see that one for CapCon 2019!
Cheers,
Lance

Lance, thanks for the visit and your comments. Yes, you're right: I finally finished the Group Build as well! That GB slipped what passes for my mind: thx for the reminder!

Aha! So the first nudge towards CapCon 2019 has arrived! The Albi's pretty much got the inside track because I've been promising that build to Rowan for donkey's years. As well, I"ll be seeing the Gaspatch table at Telford in November specifically to pick up the rigging fittings for it. Then again, with three or so to finish, what's the problem with starting another?? ;D Don't think so, though: been there over the past few years and I'd rather get things done than have a bunch of unfinished builds cluttering up the work bench!  :o

Thanks again for the visit!  8)
Cheers!
Gary

"It was an adventure, a great adventure. And, like all great adventures, we never knew where it would lead or how it would end."

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #303 on: September 02, 2017, 06:49:49 AM »
Great to see this one finished! Beautiful work Gary!
RAGIII

Thanks, RAGIII: good to hear from you again after too many years! Yes, it's good to "get out from under," as it were. I sometimes think that I should go back to full-time employment: this retirement bit allows too much time for others to have me fill!  ;)

Good to hear from you, mate. Thanks again for visiting!  8)
Cheers!
Gary

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #304 on: September 02, 2017, 08:33:34 AM »
Great to see you back Gary and also great to see your completed Biff, you have done a superb job with this kit ending up with a superb model.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #305 on: September 02, 2017, 09:03:40 AM »
Well done, Gary.
If it's worth doing it's worth taking 4 years complete  ;)

Thanks for sharing.
Cheers,
VB

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline boggie

« Reply #306 on: September 02, 2017, 10:53:12 AM »
Greetings Gary.  :)

Your Biff looks great!

Will we see more pix in the completed models section?

Hope so.

cheers

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #307 on: September 02, 2017, 11:34:36 AM »
Great to see you back Gary and also great to see your completed Biff, you have done a superb job with this kit ending up with a superb model.

Des.

Hi, Des,

Glad to be back on the Forum, and thanks for your very kind comments. I'm already being benignly pressured to do an Albatros DV in Rowan's
"Captured!" markings as my next WW1 build, and I'll probably do it once a few more "almost done" builds are finished. Ah, the pleasure of being back with friends!  ;D. All the Best, Des!
Cheers!
Gary

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #308 on: September 02, 2017, 11:38:13 AM »
Well done, Gary.
If it's worth doing it's worth taking 4 years complete  ;)

Thanks for sharing.
Cheers,
VB

Hello, Robert von Buckles! Good to hear from you, and thanks very much for visiting. Yes, I guess it was worth the time and so was worth doing. I must keep this philosophy in mind when next I have a half-decade build. Thanks for the lead!  ::)
Cheers!
Gary

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #309 on: September 02, 2017, 11:41:15 AM »
Greetings Gary.  :)

Your Biff looks great!

Will we see more pix in the completed models section?

Hope so.

cheers

Hi, Boggie,

Yes, I'll take a few better pictures over the weekend and post them as you recommend. Thanks for visiting, and all best wishes for success with your future builds!  8)
Cheers!
Gary

Offline mgunns

« Reply #310 on: September 02, 2017, 01:25:36 PM »
Hi Gary:

It's good to see you back on the forum, I too have been absent for far too long.  The BIFF Turned out great, the engine detail is nicely exposed and the wood grain on the prop is most realistic.  This is a tough build and you did it proud.  Bring this to CAPCON 2017 and we can figure out what to bring in 2019.  Outstanding work on the BIFF, now I have to do mine. 
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #311 on: September 02, 2017, 04:04:55 PM »
Bravo, Gary as a classy Biff takes to the air, well metaphorically.

It's a pity I can't get to Telford this year as it would have been great to meet up again and do all in my power to try and persuade you to go for the Pup. Research scientists are rumoured to be finding evidence that platic kit Albatros numbers have reached critical mass and over-population threatens...

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #312 on: September 02, 2017, 10:13:17 PM »
Hi Gary:

It's good to see you back on the forum, I too have been absent for far too long.  The BIFF Turned out great, the engine detail is nicely exposed and the wood grain on the prop is most realistic.  This is a tough build and you did it proud.  Bring this to CAPCON 2017 and we can figure out what to bring in 2019.  Outstanding work on the BIFF, now I have to do mine.

Hey, Mark, thanks for visiting. I'm looking forward to our CapCon reunion and the conversation flow that it generates. Lance is already lobbying for a TP Albatros DV. I might just do it as I've promised Rowan that I'd use his "Captured!" markings on the DV and I've now got so much aftermarket bits and bobs in the box (with more coming from Telford) that I need a forklift to get it down from the shelf! But that's two years away. Hmmm...less that 50% of the time I needed to finish the Biff!  ;D
Cheers!
Gary

Offline Trackpad

« Reply #313 on: September 02, 2017, 10:22:53 PM »
Bravo, Gary as a classy Biff takes to the air, well metaphorically.

It's a pity I can't get to Telford this year as it would have been great to meet up again and do all in my power to try and persuade you to go for the Pup. Research scientists are rumoured to be finding evidence that platic kit Albatros numbers have reached critical mass and over-population threatens...

Best wishes
Nigel

Thanks for visiting, Nigel, and for your kind compliment. Good to hear from you. Well, if we can't meet up at the UK Nats this year, hopefully there will be future opportunities. Almost too many plastic Albi kits, you say? Must be the fault of WNW, offering them three at one go now!  ;) 

And don't worry about the Pup. I have eight WNW kits in the cache and the Pup is in the upper half as regards priority. All the best to you and yours, and further good luck with your Caudron!  8)
Cheers!
Gary