Author Topic: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation  (Read 435696 times)

Offline dr 1 ace

Re: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation
« Reply #1710 on: March 18, 2016, 01:10:07 AM »
Not meant to offend anyone, but I really think it is time to stop telling WNW how to run their business.  Start your own and see how you would react.

IMHO it is starting to sound like a piss and moan - it's all about me and what I want forum, rather than one about modeling and the fun of wondering what they are going to bring out next.

Ed
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline kornbeef

• U.K. Carpet monster genocide squad leader.
« Reply #1711 on: March 18, 2016, 02:11:08 AM »
I do kind of have to agree with Ed.

I've my own opinions but kept them to myself upto now. I do know that unless they release certain kits I won't be buying just for the sake of it now as those I would have bought again and again are OOP.

Keith
Never too old to learn sumfink noo

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #1712 on: March 18, 2016, 03:43:59 AM »
Not meant to offend anyone, but I really think it is time to stop telling WNW how to run their business.  Start your own and see how you would react.

IMHO it is starting to sound like a piss and moan - it's all about me and what I want forum, rather than one about modeling and the fun of wondering what they are going to bring out next.

Ed

Nobody is telling WNW how to run their business. We are not naive enough to think they'll give a money's chuff about what we say.

It's a forum, where people discuss stuff. People are interested, even if you are not, about how it might be possible for WNW to reduce prices for us modellers. There is the modelling link.

If I see a thread that does not interest me, I ignore it.

I think that what Ed was driving at was that "this thread" has pretty much been aimed at Speculation on the next or upcoming releases and has been one that generates excitement, although it has strayed occasionally. I certainly think some interesting business ideas have been brought up and perhaps deserve their own thread? In that way those who wish to speculate on  business models can have at it and those who wish to speculate on New WNW kits can continue to enjoy this thread. JMHO, and like Ed said, no offense intended.
RAGIII
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 03:52:29 AM by RAGIII »
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Isitwindyyet

« Reply #1713 on: March 18, 2016, 12:13:00 PM »
Sure if the moderators want to cut and paste these to a new thread, please do. The biggest issue with a thread based forum, is that when a topic pops up within a thread, it is often hard to resist it wandering off topic. 

I still say Nieuport 17.

Offline Des

• Administrator
    • ww1aircraftmodels.com
« Reply #1714 on: March 18, 2016, 12:35:10 PM »
Surely a BE.2 will be coming soon and maybe a Dolphin not long after.

Des.
Late Founder of ww1aircraftmodels.com and forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com

Offline Russell

« Reply #1715 on: March 18, 2016, 06:01:22 PM »
As Des quite rightly pointed out above:

Surely a DR.I will be coming soon and maybe a DR.I not long after.   ;)

Regards
Russell

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #1716 on: March 18, 2016, 07:30:51 PM »

Regards
Russell

Snap!

vB

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline stefanbuss

« Reply #1717 on: March 18, 2016, 08:49:37 PM »
Surely a BE.2 will be coming soon

Would be a good opportunity to introduce shipping fees...

Stefan

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #1718 on: March 18, 2016, 09:53:01 PM »
Surely a BE.2 will be coming soon and maybe a Dolphin not long after.

Des.

I so want a WNW BE.2. My problem is that at there are many other tempting things which are filling the waiting vacuum. Butterfly that I am, I've got an Airfix 1/24 Typhoon,  a Tamiya  1/48 unversal carrier, a Trumpeter 1/350 HMS Hood, and a 28mm Wars of Religion infantry regiment all crying out "Me, me! Do me first! Don't wait for the BE.2." Not to mention the old CS Taube which seems to be saying through grtitted teeth "Come near me again with that knife, sanding stick or filler and I'll have you..."

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline Eric Armstrong

• Expectation is a prison
« Reply #1719 on: March 18, 2016, 11:31:48 PM »

Regards
Russell
All kidding aside, I would not be surprised to see a dr.1 released at or near the same time as the Camel, perhaps as part of a duelist kit release with the Camel.
Honor Necessity

Offline James

Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation
« Reply #1720 on: March 18, 2016, 11:45:50 PM »
A Be2c would be really cool, especially in Belgian markings or William Leefe Robinson's aircraft in which he shot down a Zeppelin.

I would love to see them release a Friedrichshafen G.III. That would complete, so to speak, the three main German bombers, Gotha, A.E.G., and Friedrichshafen.

A Friedrichshafen seaplane would be really cool to.

James
Axes Grind and Maces Clash

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #1721 on: March 19, 2016, 04:46:02 AM »
A Be2c would be really cool, especially in Belgian markings or William Leefe Robinson's aircraft in which he shot down a Zeppelin.

I would love to see them release a Friedrichshafen G.III. That would complete, so to speak, the three main German bombers, Gotha, A.E.G., and Friedrichshafen.

A Friedrichshafen seaplane would be really cool to.

James

I think the BE2 is a shoe in sometime  ::) That being said I also think that will open the door for a BE12. We know the Camel is coming but in what type of boxings? My thought  now geared toward engine types:
Clerget
Bentley
Gnome.
Makes more sense than RFC/RNAS. A duelist would be cool. My thoughts go towards WNW blowing our doors off with a duelist including the Camel and LVG CVI  8) of course any of the OOP German aircraft would fit the bill so to speak! Finally, the only Fokker EV victory was scored against a 203 Sq. Camel....
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline rhallinger

« Reply #1722 on: March 19, 2016, 05:23:21 AM »
Have you looked closely at the "exploded view" drawing of the Camel on the WNW site?  The top decking from the cowl to back past the cockpit is a separate piece, as is the center section of the top wing.  Looks to my eye like this setup will accommodate a future Comic and perhaps other versions such as the 2F.1 shipboard version and/or the T.F.1 trench fighter ground attack version.  Who knows? 

Regards,

Bob

Offline dr 1 ace

« Reply #1723 on: March 19, 2016, 09:48:41 AM »
Ah yes, 10 posts back on track, I'll add, hopefully a Dolphin
Life is short, enjoy it, nobody gets out alive.

Offline oldalbie

« Reply #1724 on: March 19, 2016, 11:02:35 AM »
No, no, no..........it must be a Berg D. I.  Just joking, of course, although it would be welcome around these parts.  I'd settle for a BE or a triplane however.