Author Topic: WNW Sopwith Triplane  (Read 2843 times)

Offline Von Schlepp

Re: WNW Sopwith Triplane
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2013, 09:20:55 AM »
I actually took my son to the Aerospace museum here in Calgary yesterday and saw a Sopwith triplane!
I was apparently timed as to how long I gawked at the thing. Apparently it can fly but it is too rare to risk.
I also saw a Le Rhone engine on a stand.

I wanna go back.
-Roger

Offline cgandiaga

« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2013, 01:55:10 AM »
Carlos,
     I recently tried my new Alclad paints and was lamenting that they rub off or wear very easily, didn't realise that they have a clear overspray in their line until I noted here that your final finish was their semi gloss clear which I havn't seen at the two shops I visit. Question; did you spray directly over the decals or use another finishing coat first? I'm a little nervous about damaging decals with a lacquer overspray. I'd like to order some clear finishes but would appreciate your opinion of their suitability first.
Cheers,
Lance

It's a direct overspray.  I kept the pressure low and used thin coats.  The Cartograf decals that WNW provide have had no issues with lacquers.  All of the WNW kits I've done have been finished in this manner.

Offline drdave

« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2013, 07:52:52 AM »
I caution on Alclad flat finish, in so far as unlike future, it absorbs fingerprints for days! My tripe is still tacky if its held long enough. I now use misted future as Matt.

It's fine on decals though. Future is a perfect cover over alclad Lance. Nice tough, shiny and buffable.

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2013, 07:58:36 AM »
Thanks Carlos and DrDave, sounds like the Future (which I use) might work however for a Matt or Semi Gloss finish? Do you mean 'misted" as in just a very light coat, Dave?
Cheers,
Lance

Offline drdave

« Reply #19 on: February 13, 2013, 08:31:37 AM »
Exactly