Author Topic: Gunsight Graphics Fokker Streaky Decals  (Read 4337 times)

Online RAGIII

Re: Gunsight Graphics Fokker Streaky Decals
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2014, 02:40:39 AM »
Warren;

If you are copying a decal sheet you own, for your own personal use, I think that qualifies as fair use. If it does not, it should.

Jamie

Seeing as Gunsight Graphics is not doing them anymore I tend to agree. Perhaps the Line would be crossed if you made a bunch and sold them but for your purposes I see no foul! It would also be different IMHO, if you were reproducing products made by a company that is still solvent such as Aviattic or Pheon. AGAIN JMHO.
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

WarrenD

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2014, 03:06:12 AM »
Exactly Jamie, for my use only. As I said, I would never consider doing this with a set of decals still currently in production, or one that the owner has intentions of producing again someday (such as Pheon Decals Sopwith Triplane sheet, etc.), our little niche is so small, I wouldn't dream of undermining the efforts of those who try to improve our end of our obsession, madness, what-have-you.

Warren

Offline zavod44

« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2014, 04:25:38 PM »
I wish Aviattic would do a set.  I have some of the gunsight sets but I think they look a little strange.  I really like the look of the decals in the WNW Fokker DVII.  I think they capture the look and feel of the streaky cammo....

WarrenD

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2014, 09:08:13 PM »
Zavod, that was my next question: what is the consensus on the streaky decals in the WNW Fokker D.II (Fokker-built)?

Warren

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2014, 09:13:03 PM »
Zavod, that was my next question: what is the consensus on the streaky decals in the WNW Fokker D.II (Fokker-built)?

Warren

I think they look pretty good, though personally I would never use decals for a paint effect. Just seems wrong to me. I sent mine back to NZ ;)

Offline jamieg

« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2014, 11:23:23 PM »
I really like the WNW take on the streaks. I keep going back and forth on doing the  Fredrichs machine or the von Sachsenberg one. Or maybe the Gabriel.... and then there is the Schultz and Oppenhorst. Too many choices.

Jamie

Online RAGIII

« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2014, 07:43:29 AM »
Aviattic "Linen and Streaks" sets will be available early in 2015...

best wishes, Richard

:D  That will certainly inspire me to start another Fokker( Triplane) when you get them ready !
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

WarrenD

« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2014, 09:50:36 AM »
Thanks fellow forumites!  When it comes to Fokker-built D.VII's, I'm pretty sold on modeling Gabriel's a/c. I've always like that scheme.

Warren

WarrenD

« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2014, 09:51:44 AM »

Warren

I think they look pretty good, though personally I would never use decals for a paint effect. Just seems wrong to me. I sent mine back to NZ ;)

Yet you use decals for other paint effects such as national markings, etc. do you not?

Warren

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2014, 10:41:01 AM »

Warren

Yet you use decals for other paint effects such as national markings, etc. do you not?

Warren

Weeeelll actually I'm moving away from that too. ;) But whatever. The WNW streaky decals are nice, just not my cup of tea...

WarrenD

« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2014, 10:43:20 AM »
Just messin' with ya.  ;) 

Warren

Offline petrov27

« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2014, 12:16:47 PM »
Glad to hear Aviattic will do these decals! Curious if it will be two shades of green/brown like the WNW or a single shade like Gunsight, Microsculpt, etc?
-Patrick