Author Topic: Fokker D.VII F  (Read 3076 times)

Offline drdave

Re: Fokker D.VII F
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2015, 03:05:57 AM »
I reckon the Roland is selling out too.

Offline IvotB

« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2015, 04:37:38 AM »
This is my LVA D.VII:

This was the topic in completed models:

http://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.php?topic=1738.msg28328#msg28328

And this was my build log:

http://forum.ww1aircraftmodels.com/index.php?topic=1288.0

You also see the dutch decal set 32009 which I have used for this LVA D.VII with Mercedes engine. It seems to be an F, but is definitely equipped with the Fok D.VII Mercedes cowlings.

If you would go for the other options: LVA 263, 265 and the MLD options D-32 and D-24 and a lozenge covered demo plane you will need the BMW with the cowlings, but otherwise the D.VII Alb will do the trick (I must admit I ordered a D.VII Alb and a separate BMW sprue yesterday evening). I guess it shouldn't be the biggest problem to borrow the cowlings from a member here and make some resin copies. I'm not sure if that's allowed, but I would ask WnW for permission to do this. After all we are still buying Fokker kits from WnW. On the other hand the cowlings are the parts that are a bit too thick, so scratchbuilding may still be the better option.

I was planning to build the version with the lozenge. Using decals from aviattic (I have to check that)

For more differences between a Mercedes powered D.VII and a D.VIIF I should consult a book about the Fokker D.VII, which is available in dutch only, describing the history of the D.VII in the Netherlands:

http://www.letletlet-warplanes.com/2009/02/12/fokker-d-vii-book-by-nico-geldhof/

regards,

Ivo
« Last Edit: November 28, 2015, 11:27:39 PM by IvotB »

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #32 on: November 28, 2015, 07:03:16 PM »
i sucked it up and spent money i shouldnt have to buy an albatros built fokker d.vii and bmw engine. i couldnt afford it but i would just kick myself if it sold out (rather when it sells out soon) and i had to pay ebay prices for one of the d.vii kits later. or even if they finally implement the shipping charges they have been threatening to for the last 5 years.it killed me to order a wnw kit when i really wanted that b.ii albie soooo bad.

mike in calif

« Reply #33 on: November 28, 2015, 10:59:27 PM »
I suspect that the DVII will be gone before the new Albatros kit. I'll have to budget for one as well, but that's OK.

Online RAGIII

« Reply #34 on: November 29, 2015, 12:38:15 AM »
I found out which DVII I have coming from my good Old Friend. It is the Fokker DVII, Fokker built. Now what scheme from JG1 do I do! I will choose from Jasta 11 or Jasta 4 as I already have two Jasta 10 DVIIs and one Jasta 6... or I may trade for an OAW and do Udets Du Doch Nicht. So many decisions  8)
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline coyotemagic

• "Here's to not buggering it up." -Winston Chuchill
    • My Models
« Reply #35 on: November 29, 2015, 02:56:31 AM »
I found out which DVII I have coming from my good Old Friend. It is the Fokker DVII, Fokker built. Now what scheme from JG1 do I do! I will choose from Jasta 11 or Jasta 4 as I already have two Jasta 10 DVIIs and one Jasta 6... or I may trade for an OAW and do Udets Du Doch Nicht. So many decisions  8)
RAGIII
Awww.  Poor Rick.  ;) Really glad your friend gave you the Fokker Built DVII.  It helps assuage the terrible guilt I've been feeling ever since you traded me that LVG for a Roden SPAD.  I look forward to seeing what you do with it, Amigo.  I know it'll be brilliant.
Cheers,
Bud
"All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream in the dark recesses of the night awake in the day to find all was vanity. But the dreamers of day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, and make it possible." -T. E. Lawrence

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #36 on: November 29, 2015, 03:44:33 AM »
it makes me sick that I had to sell my fokker built d.vii. with only the one oaw which is almost done I knew I had to have a second one. I don't wanna hear any lamenting from you guys saying oh darn I should have gotten a D.VIIf I've only got three of these and two of those and the 4 ive already built.that's just not a real problem in my book.there's still another half dozen wingnut wings kit that i truly want but can't afford .I've only had one of each type that have boughtI wish I had the money to buy every kit that I wanted and multiples thereof.it must be nice
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 03:48:37 AM by ALBATROS1234 »

Offline jeroen_R90S

« Reply #37 on: November 29, 2015, 05:13:39 AM »
That's a great looking LVA Fokker, Ivo!

I'm not really a multiple-of-xxxxxx kind of builder, so more than happy with my sole D.VII (Alb) :)

Jeroen