Author Topic: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation  (Read 435794 times)

Offline zavod44

Re: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation
« Reply #2040 on: December 19, 2016, 02:24:15 PM »
I didn't really care that much about a Camel but I am all in on the USAS....I might even go for the "Ships Camel"

Offline FarEast

« Reply #2041 on: December 19, 2016, 02:44:20 PM »
   With only 7 business days left to Christmas Day I'd say Russell has it correct; "HUMBUG" I say! >:( :'( :'(
Lance

My last order from Weta arrived 2 days later , so there would be time for new releases until the 21st , theoreticaly :).

But I don't want the boring Camel under my tree , I would prefer something bigger with two engines or at least with two seats.

Unfortunately it seems I will be disappointed this year.
The end is coming , I'm afraid.
And I don't mean the end of the year ....

Peter

Wait?  What?

would you like salt and pepper with your hat sir? Or may i recommend some sauce?

Offline Manni

• Der Militärmodellbauer
« Reply #2042 on: December 19, 2016, 03:26:56 PM »
YEEEEAAAAH! THE NEW RELEASES ARE ONLINE They didn`t dissapoint us.
http://www.wingnutwings.com/ww/

6(six!) kits with with 30 options!!!

Sopwith F1 Camel BR1
Sopwith F1 Camel Le Rhone
Sopwith F1 Camel USAS
Sopwith F1 Camel Clerget
Sopwith 2F1 Camel Ships Camel
and finally:
Sopwith F1 Camel & LVG CVI Duellists

I'm happy now, now I know where to spend my christmas money  :D

But.....wait....were is the DRI and the Aviatik Berg and the BE2C for Des and the Bf 109 (time traveller)?!?!   ;)
Bye ,Manni
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 03:41:02 PM by Manni »
"Ich hab' da mal was vorbereitet.": Jean Pütz
"Warum noch mehr Bausätze?!?": meine Frau

Offline Russell

« Reply #2043 on: December 19, 2016, 05:24:53 PM »
Great news - the Camel will be available soon..... err.. didn't we know that already?  ::)

Plus there's a reissue of an existing kit. Not bad for a year of...... nothing otherwise.

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #2044 on: December 19, 2016, 06:34:36 PM »
I didn't really care that much about a Camel but I am all in on the USAS....I might even go for the "Ships Camel"

That's mine for me, too!

Online PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #2045 on: December 19, 2016, 06:44:13 PM »
I am sort of disappointed that they did not make it for Christmas. But then, at least two of my Christmas gifts from WNW ordered in previous years did not make it either. And - there is a Polish version!!! It is a must for me now, and I like the thought that, maybe, my insisting in building Polish versions of their kits finally inspired the WNW team to include a Polish version. Anyway, thanks WNW for this unusual Christmas surprise.  :)
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.

Offline Manni

• Der Militärmodellbauer
« Reply #2046 on: December 19, 2016, 07:32:21 PM »
And - there is a Polish version!!! It is a must for me now, and I like the thought that, maybe, my insisting in building Polish versions of their kits finally inspired the WNW team to include a Polish version. Anyway, thanks WNW for this unusual Christmas surprise.  :)

This were exactly my thought, when I saw it.

Manni
"Ich hab' da mal was vorbereitet.": Jean Pütz
"Warum noch mehr Bausätze?!?": meine Frau

Offline ondra

« Reply #2047 on: December 19, 2016, 07:36:05 PM »
The number of choices is really great, I would say it was well worth waiting.

I for one am slightly disappointed, but in a very special way - today I downloaded the instruction manuals (I have all of the WNW instruction manuals downloaded and use them as reference source for my scratchbuilds) and found out that the .pdf files are only available in much smaller resolution than in case of previous models... :( Hopefully this will change once the kits are available in the webshop.

Cheers

Ondra

Offline Ian from Doncaster

« Reply #2048 on: December 19, 2016, 08:57:38 PM »
"Coming soon"...

I can see me going for the duellist kit.  I am not that much of an historian to want a particular variant of the Camel, so if the one in the duellist is interesting enough then that will do, just to get another LVG!!

Plus I kept the spare option decals and option sprues from my LVG a few years ago, so would not necessarily need to make the variant on the new duallist box..
« Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 09:01:53 PM by Ian from Doncaster »

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #2049 on: December 19, 2016, 09:53:10 PM »
Well since none of the boxings cover 43 squadron I will have to go with a Clerget version ( Perhaps the Duelists) if my finances clear up by release time. I also very much want the USAS version for the 185th Night Fighter bird/s.
RAGIII

PS: Rowan I hope you will do some Camel cals that include Woolets Camel and others from 43 sq. If not we will need to talk about custom decals  ;D
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #2050 on: December 19, 2016, 10:10:23 PM »
By the way Des, I am sorry that WNW did not release that much wanted BE for you! I guess it is a good thing you enjoy scratch building as there is NO Joy for you this year  :(
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline eclarson

« Reply #2051 on: December 19, 2016, 11:15:54 PM »

Those are the two that piqued my interest as well. Particularly the Ships Camel. 

Eric

Offline Borsos

« Reply #2052 on: December 20, 2016, 02:27:27 AM »
I remember me well, having picked up an Academy Camel, saying "oh no, no WNW Camel needed, I'll go with that one". Then I saw the first pics of the WNW Camel and thought "I don't care about what I said yesterday...", and some times later, when they published pics of the pretty blue Naval 10, I was finally lost. I'll definitely have one or two Camels (and I even like the boxart  :) ). And OK, they won't be here under the Christmas tree, but - ahem - well: My wallet is empty before Christmas (three kids want their presents...), but it will recover in January. So it's not the worst release date, at least for me.
I think another good thing is the rerelease of the LVG C IV. Although I have mine (and I think I paid more than the duellist boxing costs now  :( ) this is a very positive sign and economically speaking a very clever way to go (it would be a shame to leave these expensive molds unused). So there's hope for the Fokker D VII, Albatros D V, Re 8, Sopwith Triplane and so on!
At last there's just a small tear in little Borsos' Christmas eye, as I had hoped that we could see some real surprise releases. hm, but we'll see what Easter bunny will do for us...
Borsos
"Deux armées aux prises, c'est une grande armée qui se suicide."
Barbusse.
"Ein Berg in Deutschland kann doch einen Berg in Frankreich nicht beleidigen. Oder ein Fluß oder ein Wald oder ein Weizenfeld."
Remarque.

Offline zavod44

« Reply #2053 on: December 20, 2016, 03:32:39 AM »
I dunno, six Camel boxings is a pretty big surprise.  I hear what your saying, but I will say they didn't let us down.....

Online PrzemoL

• There was Eru... and he made first the Ainur...
    • Przemysław Litewka
« Reply #2054 on: December 20, 2016, 03:44:06 AM »
IMHO it is a surprise. For me, especially, that Polish version. And a chance to get LVG and... build it in Polish markings, too  ;). I only regret that Camel in the Duellists is not that Polish one. So most probably I will go for the BR version with Murray's kite used in Kosciuszko squadron and for the Duellists, thus will build a British Camel, too. 8)
Ash nazg durbatuluk, ash nazg gimbatul,
Ash nazg thrakatuluk, agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.