Author Topic: WNW: how many kits do they have left?  (Read 48572 times)

Offline Jeff K

Re: WNW: how many kits do they have left?
« Reply #240 on: August 18, 2020, 02:26:57 AM »
Andy's said their first shipment was USD 50,000 worth of inventory. if they are all single seaters, that'd be almost 633 kits. (like 632.9 or so).

if they weren't all single-seaters, that's a lot less. and they weren't all single seaters.

so i suspect more inventory exists. i also expect word will get out fast, and existing inventory of popular kits will be drained fast.

Offline Ringleheim

« Reply #241 on: August 18, 2020, 03:40:00 AM »
Andy's said their first shipment was USD 50,000 worth of inventory. if they are all single seaters, that'd be almost 633 kits. (like 632.9 or so).

if they weren't all single-seaters, that's a lot less. and they weren't all single seaters.

so i suspect more inventory exists. i also expect word will get out fast, and existing inventory of popular kits will be drained fast.

In the video announcing the Friday Sale (that is since removed from Youtube) Andy mentioned that he had something like "300 aircraft" in total (I think it was) and he quickly muttered something about some of the boxes having 2 aircraft in 1 box (the duelist sets).

In any event, whatever Andy had, I am pretty confident is now gone.

The exception being whatever might still be sitting in his brick and mortar store in Arizona.

It sounds like he broke up his stash of WNW kits into 2 groups, roughly equal in size, and apportioned one group to the website and one group to the hobby shop in Phoenix.

Were people running into the hobby store and leaving with thousands of dollars of WNW kits?  I don't know.

I suppose he might still have some kits sitting in his store.

I still think we are going to get a "sell off" of the WNW warehouse stuff.

There should still be quite a lot of stock of "in production" kits sitting on shelves somewhere in NZ that presumably are to be sold.

Offline ThePenguin

« Reply #242 on: August 18, 2020, 03:52:35 AM »
ermeio,
When did you receive this email?
Nothing showing anymore @ their store.
I received it the last week... on opening the link only some not essential WNW kits were available and in one hour not even those...

Word had got out before that email was even sent and most kits had already sold out by the time it arrived in most people's inboxes.

It's like whoever was in charge of the WETA stock put it on the website for sale and then informed another group to add it to the mailing list not realizing that it was kind of pointless as these kits are selling  out fast everywhere.

I did try contacting "WNW", but predictably got the same auto-response back.

Offline ermeio

« Reply #243 on: August 18, 2020, 07:28:51 AM »
ermeio,
When did you receive this email?
Nothing showing anymore @ their store.
I received it the last week... on opening the link only some not essential WNW kits were available and in one hour not even those...

Word had got out before that email was even sent and most kits had already sold out by the time it arrived in most people's inboxes.

It's like whoever was in charge of the WETA stock put it on the website for sale and then informed another group to add it to the mailing list not realizing that it was kind of pointless as these kits are selling  out fast everywhere.

Agree, when the mail arrived i had already visited the website some days before and the kits were going "sold out" fast.
I think the email was just an alert for the very last stock they dig out, since there were some kits (AGO and Rumpler, namely) that i did not spot three days before, but it could be my fault.
I hope that this was the Weta stock, even if they had no stock after december/january

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #244 on: August 18, 2020, 12:19:54 PM »

Ok say a rough estimate that both stores combined had 1000-2000 kits sold. (?) MBK had at least 100 plus Camels D7s Albatros and most every other kit so I’d say over 1000 easy.
‘Not all who wander are lost‘

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #245 on: August 18, 2020, 01:16:06 PM »

In the video announcing the Friday Sale (that is since removed from Youtube) Andy mentioned that he had something like "300 aircraft" in total (I think it was) and he quickly muttered something about some of the boxes having 2 aircraft in 1 box (the duelist sets).

The exception being whatever might still be sitting in his brick and mortar store in Arizona.

It sounds like he broke up his stash of WNW kits into 2 groups, roughly equal in size, and apportioned one group to the website and one group to the hobby shop in Phoenix.

Were people running into the hobby store and leaving with thousands of dollars of WNW kits?  I don't know.

There should still be quite a lot of stock of "in production" kits sitting on shelves somewhere in NZ that presumably are to be sold.

In production kits? Like Brown boxing’s?

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #246 on: August 18, 2020, 04:44:45 PM »
not to put words in his mou--- errr, keyboard, but yeah a lot of the kits that were still in production when they shut down didn't show up in significant numbers in the various warehouse selloffs so far.

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #247 on: August 18, 2020, 07:40:49 PM »
not to put words in his mou--- errr, keyboard, but yeah a lot of the kits that were still in production when they shut down didn't show up in significant numbers in the various warehouse selloffs so far.
But we can exclude the HPs and Lance because like the Dr1s they never quite made it?

So in production might be Albatros and Pfalz no decal kits -any others?

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #248 on: August 18, 2020, 08:37:14 PM »
But we can exclude the HPs and Lance because like the Dr1s they never quite made it?

So in production might be Albatros and Pfalz no decal kits -any others?
they were pretty far along but i don't think they started actual production. Richard Alexander, in a Facebook group, said he didn't know the fate of the Lanc or Paralyzer.  i guess it depends on if whoever was tooling those thinks it's worth it to produce them.

Offline frankr

« Reply #249 on: August 18, 2020, 09:58:34 PM »

In production kits? Like Brown boxing’s?

A week or so ago MBK got some brown box kits in.  I ordered the no-decal Albatros and no-decal Pfalz kits;  When I ordered mine they had 60+ of the Pfalz and within about 1/2 hour of when I ordered they were sold out.  So I got in just under the wire.  So who knows how many of those kits are in warehouses still.

Offline ermeio

« Reply #250 on: August 19, 2020, 02:46:02 AM »
I received my two brown boxes (D.V and Pfalz) from MBK today
When I ordered there were some 70 each... Luckily I spent my last money in time on them, since half an hour later there was none...
I spent around 20 minutes at the telling machine  to move money on my card and when I was back both the brown box models were sold out...
I guess they received 100 of each brown box / no decals and they were sold out in less than one hour.
Someone now has a pile in his  inventory...

Offline Ringleheim

« Reply #251 on: August 21, 2020, 03:13:47 AM »
I just noticed that MBK seems to have zero WNW kits of any type left at the site.

The big banner they had for WNW kits at the home page is gone and a search yields nothing!

Pretty sure they had a whole bunch there yesterday as usual.

Not sure what happened.   

Offline Ian from Doncaster

« Reply #252 on: August 21, 2020, 04:46:18 AM »
https://www.modellbau-koenig.de/en/Aircrafts/Aircraft-Models-1-24-1-32/Aircraft-WW1

I searched via their drop down menu to 1:32 and WWI and got this.  Similar to what was showing yesterday.

Offline LuckyLuke

« Reply #253 on: August 21, 2020, 05:31:14 AM »
I just noticed that MBK seems to have zero WNW kits of any type left at the site.

The big banner they had for WNW kits at the home page is gone and a search yields nothing!

Pretty sure they had a whole bunch there yesterday as usual.

Not sure what happened.
Only the banner is gone. They still have the same amount of different kits left as yesterday (eight).
If you search via brands it is easy to find.

Luke

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #254 on: August 21, 2020, 09:51:54 AM »
They seem to be selling a few Halb vs Re8 duellists set a day. Started a 100 and now under 50.