Author Topic: WNW: how many kits do they have left?  (Read 48569 times)

Offline ermeio

Re: WNW: how many kits do they have left?
« Reply #210 on: August 09, 2020, 02:12:17 AM »
the brown box no decal editions never made it to any retailer. did anyone actually get one direct from WNW? they may not have even made it to the NZ warehouse yet. i'd expect them to surface in some form, eventually
I saw that HLJ was selling them some time ago.
Actully I'm looking for have one each of those kits without decals...

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #211 on: August 09, 2020, 12:25:07 PM »
the brown box no decal editions never made it to any retailer. did anyone actually get one direct from WNW? they may not have even made it to the NZ warehouse yet. i'd expect them to surface in some form, eventually
I saw that HLJ was selling them some time ago.
Actully I'm looking for have one each of those kits without decals...
I think they got in before shutdown (unlike the the Dr1s & HPs) or maybe they had kits on hand and decided to break them up to get sales? I think brown box was where they were headed with left over decals like Fok D7s .
‘Not all who wander are lost‘

Offline Dave J

« Reply #212 on: August 09, 2020, 02:52:55 PM »

All the brown boxed kits are in NZ. There was an initial shipment that when to all distributors at the beginning of the year, but I am sure they have all sold by now.
Dave Johnson
Wellington, New Zealand

Former Wingnut Wings Dungeon Master, Sales & Logistics Manager

Offline ermeio

« Reply #213 on: August 09, 2020, 06:50:09 PM »

All the brown boxed kits are in NZ. There was an initial shipment that when to all distributors at the beginning of the year, but I am sure they have all sold by now.
Yes, HLJ has listed them as "Stop Orders" since long ... I suppose it is an equivalent of "Sold Out"

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #214 on: August 09, 2020, 09:05:09 PM »

Yes, HLJ has listed them as "Stop Orders" since long ... I suppose it is an equivalent of "Sold Out"
HLJ never had them, they were available as preorders briefly, roughly around December.

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #215 on: August 09, 2020, 09:52:39 PM »

HLJ never had them, they were available as preorders briefly, roughly around December.

Yes I don’t think the non- decal kits made it out just ‘coming soon’
Gee it would be interesting to know future plans.
I guess they still have a full warehouse and a website up. Not in denial about WNWs demise but it seems they still have a good basis to restart again in the future. ? Just sayin’

Anyway let’s keep supporting Roden, CSM etc as they are prepared to support us as Wingnuts staff like Dave used to, until the plug was pulled without any regards to their loyal staff or customers.

You know what if Wingnuts don’t want to let us know what’s going on and have no intention of turning it round, Stuff ‘em. I’m going to buy another Nieuport and cancel my pre orders at Weta. Daz out!
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 10:10:06 PM by Pup7309 »

Offline frankr

« Reply #216 on: August 11, 2020, 12:04:55 AM »

I guess they still have a full warehouse and a website up. Not in denial about WNWs demise but it seems they still have a good basis to restart again in the future. ? Just sayin’
[\quote]

The no-decal kits (as well as many brown box albatross') showed up on the German retail sight this morning... and were promptly sold out.  (I got 1 of each)

Offline ermeio

« Reply #217 on: August 11, 2020, 01:55:26 AM »
They popped up today at MBK... just for one hour.
There were more than 100 Albatros and Pfalz without decals... they went out of stock very fast.
I suspect that more than one bought huge stocks of these models

Offline Jeff K

« Reply #218 on: August 11, 2020, 02:10:02 AM »
yeah for better or worse MBK let you buy as many as you want, and even offer free shipping if you buy a lot (how much you need to buy depends on where you are).

i can't complain i was desperate to fill in the Camels and D.VIIs in my spreadsheet and i did. i will now have to live until the age of 104 to complete my stash...

Offline mgunns

« Reply #219 on: August 11, 2020, 12:12:50 PM »

Anyway let’s keep supporting Roden, CSM etc as they are prepared to support us as Wingnuts staff like Dave used to, until the plug was pulled without any regards to their loyal staff or customers.

Indeed, supporting companies like Roden, CSM, Special Hobby, AModel and the others puts money in their coffers for research and better molding techniques, ergo, better models and more variety. 
Mark

We few, we happy few.....

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #220 on: August 11, 2020, 08:54:14 PM »
They popped up today at MBK... just for one hour.
There were more than 100 Albatros and Pfalz without decals... they went out of stock very fast.
I suspect that more than one bought huge stocks of these models
Geez you don’t look for a day and something happens!

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #221 on: August 11, 2020, 08:58:09 PM »

Indeed, supporting companies like Roden, CSM, Special Hobby, AModel and the others puts money in their coffers for research and better molding techniques, ergo, better models and more variety.

Yes indeed. Apologies for the mini rant I got uncharacteristically frustrated with the whole cone of silence around the closing

Offline ThePenguin

« Reply #222 on: August 13, 2020, 03:48:26 PM »
I saw someone on the FB page have their WETA order refunded due to running out of stock. It is good that they at least let them know, but a bit worrying if they take over selling the main WNW stock from the website, we know how much of a flurry that will be (btw it seems WETA have no more WNW kits left now) and quite a few will be disappointed.

I do wonder at which point they will officially announce WNW has stopped producing kits and what the future holds of the website etc.

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #223 on: August 13, 2020, 11:08:12 PM »
I saw someone on the FB page have their WETA order refunded due to running out of stock. It is good that they at least let them know, but a bit worrying if they take over selling the main WNW stock from the website, we know how much of a flurry that will be (btw it seems WETA have no more WNW kits left now) and quite a few will be disappointed.

I do wonder at which point they will officially announce WNW has stopped producing kits and what the future holds of the website etc.

They emailed saying some of my orders were canceled due to lack of stock but others have been sent. One is still pre ordered

Offline Pup7309

« Reply #224 on: August 14, 2020, 10:59:50 AM »
Hi,
I noticed there are a lot more kits on EBay albeit at crazy prices. So it seems we’ll still see kits available in fits and starts at retailers then on the secondary market. In hindsight it wouldn’t of have been good if MBK etc put a limit on some of the more popular kits per person to even the playing field a bit. Anyway the show (circus?) goes on...!