Author Topic: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation  (Read 435527 times)

Offline Edo

Re: Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation
« Reply #1665 on: March 04, 2016, 07:25:39 PM »
Well, Red Baron, you have hit another mark here.
WNW kits are great but, to me, not cheap. 70€ (at best) is not little money. Add tax duties to Italy and now shipping and price increase and that sums up to a hell lot of money!
Besides there are a lot of other kits I'd like to bulid in other 'fields' of our hobby and Takom's leading the way whit interesting subjects that cost 1/4th of WNW.
Or, for a real challange, one could turn to Bo's Fleugzeugwerke to get something very unique (very much as well as Zoukei Mura's offerings).
So, I don't know... but WNW price policy doesn't seem to me very much market oriented, indeed it seems to me more a scale down strategy and reduce market presence to a  mere 'friends and family' .
ciao
Edo

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #1666 on: March 05, 2016, 01:25:27 AM »
True. This is a personal choice, but although the kits are still great value the prices have now hit my 'threshold' for affordability. One of the reasons I purchased Wingnuts kits (along with their great quality and brilliant customer service) was that they were 'cheap' so aircraft that I otherwise wouldn't have bothered with became attractive at the price. So now unless its an aircraft I particularly want (e.g. a DR1 or Junkers D1) I won't be in any hurry to buy. Probably no bad thing given that I have no time to build anything anyway, but come on Wingnuts, do a Junkers D.1 - you know you want to!

So, tying this into speculation again, my thoughts are that WNW will produce a few of the "winners" we have been wanting. The Dolphin, Fokker EV/DVIII, A Strutter to more or less complete the Sopwith Line, and A DR1. ( And for the sake of some, a BE2 and Jenny). If you change your pricing and shipping better have some real hard core sellers ready  8) As for purchasing I said earlier that My purchasing won't be greatly affected. I have never been able to afford buying every release. I have focused on aircraft of certain Squadrons with only 5 purchases outside of those parameters. I traded away 2! So no boycott here just a continuation of witing for those kits I truly want.
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline James

Time for the annual Wingnuts speculation
« Reply #1667 on: March 05, 2016, 01:34:22 AM »
True. This is a personal choice, but although the kits are still great value the prices have now hit my 'threshold' for affordability. One of the reasons I purchased Wingnuts kits (along with their great quality and brilliant customer service) was that they were 'cheap' so aircraft that I otherwise wouldn't have bothered with became attractive at the price. So now unless its an aircraft I particularly want (e.g. a DR1 or Junkers D1) I won't be in any hurry to buy. Probably no bad thing given that I have no time to build anything anyway, but come on Wingnuts, do a Junkers D.1 - you know you want to!

So, tying this into speculation again, my thoughts are that WNW will produce a few of the "winners" we have been wanting. The Dolphin, Fokker EV/DVIII, A Strutter to more or less complete the Sopwith Line, and A DR1. ( And for the sake of some, a BE2 and Jenny). If you change your pricing and shipping better have some real hard core sellers ready  8) As for purchasing I said earlier that My purchasing won't be greatly affected. I have never been able to afford buying every release. I have focused on aircraft of certain Squadrons with only 5 purchases outside of those parameters. I traded away 2! So no boycott here just a continuation of witing for those kits I truly want.
RAGIII

Well said, Rick. I agree and I will still purchase those that I really want. There are some that I have no interest in.
Axes Grind and Maces Clash

Offline stefanbuss

« Reply #1668 on: March 07, 2016, 07:44:37 PM »
Probably no bad thing given that I have no time to build anything anyway, but come on Wingnuts, do a Junkers D.1 - you know you want to!

This is a strongly supported position. As there are post-war a/c on the allied side available, we definitely "Need" something for the post-war axis period as well. Freikorps and Geschwader Sachsenberg aircraft! Yes!

S.

Offline rhwinter

« Reply #1669 on: March 08, 2016, 01:01:53 AM »
Probably no bad thing given that I have no time to build anything anyway, but come on Wingnuts, do a Junkers D.1 - you know you want to!

This is a strongly supported position. As there are post-war a/c on the allied side available, we definitely "Need" something for the post-war axis period as well. Freikorps and Geschwader Sachsenberg aircraft! Yes!

S.

Oh, yes, Freikorps etc., I am with you, Stephan! And I would really like to see some aftermarket manufacturers provide us with conversion sets for post war civilian planes, Rumpler, DFW, LVG...
Richard

Offline macsporran

« Reply #1670 on: March 08, 2016, 03:03:50 AM »
Surely the Camel is next?

I'm sure you're right, although I'd probably only consider a 2F.1 (if they make it) as I've got too many cheap Hobbycraft / Academy/ Italeri F.1s already to pay the new price. Improving an old kit is part of the fun.
However I think the smart move would be to follow the Camel with a Duellist boxing with the Fokker D.VII re-released.

(A Dr.I would be of no interest to me - I think the Roden and Encore issues are perfectly good models. Dolphin please!)

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #1671 on: March 08, 2016, 11:35:34 PM »
Here is another thought for Speculation. If I were to re-Issue the Fokker DVII in a "Special Packaging" I would include everything needed for all of the variants. So a BMW engine, Mercedes Engine, and all of the various cowl panels and Axle wings in one big beautiful boxing  8)
Who needs Extra PE and Figures  :-X What do you guys and Gals think?
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #1672 on: March 09, 2016, 12:40:09 AM »
   Given that WNW have more or less sold out the four separate D.VII boxings that would make perfectly good business sense. I'd be all over it for one more. Someone raised an excellent point on another thread; the molds haven't worn out nor likely gone away and, given their initial cost, could and should provide a lot more revenue for Wingnut's. It just doesn't make sense, particularly in a business context to me, that these Kits have such seemingly short production runs. We've been speculating on the size of the WNW production lots of late and they must be very small compared to the normal market stats. Is it just me or is there a big contradiction in this situation?? :-\
Cheers,
Lance

Offline ALBATROS1234

« Reply #1673 on: March 09, 2016, 01:10:07 AM »
I doubt Dr.1 is next or anytime soon.why would they do that when there are so many other aircraft that don't have a nice kit in 1/32 already in existence.there are so many aircraft that don't have a kit yet that which would be a much better idea

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #1674 on: March 09, 2016, 01:50:51 AM »
I doubt Dr.1 is next or anytime soon.why would they do that when there are so many other aircraft that don't have a nice kit in 1/32 already in existence.there are so many aircraft that don't have a kit yet that which would be a much better idea

I understand your point of view, Albie, but WNW's is, as much as we love them, just another business and all businesses rely on banker products to prop up the less bankable ones. Meaning... A DR.1 is well within their interest and it makes for sound judgement where a reliable stream of income is concerned. So, notwithstanding, BRING OUT THE DR.1!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!

The Tripe Von Winkle     

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #1675 on: March 09, 2016, 11:02:57 AM »
Here is another thought for Speculation. If I were to re-Issue the Fokker DVII in a "Special Packaging" I would include everything needed for all of the variants. So a BMW engine, Mercedes Engine, and all of the various cowl panels and Axle wings in one big beautiful boxing  8)
Who needs Extra PE and Figures  :-X What do you guys and Gals think?
RAGIII

I'm with you on this Rick . PE is good for some details , but not all . Rather have up-graded resin sets instead . Bo and others are coming out with some wonderful stuff .  :)

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline FarEast

« Reply #1676 on: March 09, 2016, 03:46:28 PM »
I would rather see more aircraft first, especaily gloat planes!

Offline boggie

« Reply #1677 on: March 09, 2016, 05:00:47 PM »

What's a gloat plane?
Many of us "gloat" over your models so gloat planes must be something very special?
 ;D

Offline Jim

« Reply #1678 on: March 09, 2016, 07:18:33 PM »

What's a gloat plane?
Many of us "gloat" over your models so gloat planes must be something very special?
 ;D

I'm assuming James probably means float planes?
Woof!

Offline Jim

« Reply #1679 on: March 09, 2016, 07:21:22 PM »
BTW: Unlike James, my models usually come out looking like "goat" planes...
Woof!