Author Topic: Are there any 1/48 scale pilots, ground crew for our eduard models?  (Read 2060 times)

Offline Fliegerhorst

Hi All!

Are there any figures for 1/48 scale?

Andy

Offline Jamo

• Wellington, NZ
    • My Smugmug album
Re: Are there any 1/48 scale pilots, ground crew for our eduard models?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2013, 11:46:29 AM »
Hecker & Goros also do some, in white metal
http://www.hecker-goros.de/html/deutschland.html

Happy Modelling
James Fahey

Check out my massive photo collection here: https://jamesfahey.smugmug.com/

Offline Fliegerhorst

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2013, 02:07:21 AM »
Thanks guys!

I also see other Eduard figures for WWI French pilots too! Good to see H-G figures in 1/48!

Andy

Offline radio

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2013, 02:38:33 AM »
You have also Peddinghause ( Peddinghaus-decals.de) and CMK.

Offline Gordon Wells

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2013, 08:12:26 PM »
I'm a newbie to the hobby so I don't have a lot of knowledge on this subject but I did receive the Eduard 8511 French 1916 figures for Christmas .
All I can tell you is the art work on the box is not what you get inside . The ground crew are in different clothing , on the box they are in overalls but in the kit they are in jumpers and trousers and not in the stances shown on the box . The two officers are very nice but again not in the stance on the box . The pilot is the biggest disappointment , he looks like a gorilla in a boiler suit , I'm going to have to do some serious reworking on this figure to be able to make use of it .
But having said all that when you realize you are getting six figures for around £10 or $15 + postage there's not a lot to worry about unless you are planning a diorama around the figures based on the box art .
all the best
Gordon
I Never Make The Same Mistake Twice . I make it five or six times just to make sure !!!

Offline Nigel Jackson

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2013, 01:27:09 AM »
Hello Gordon,

I share your disappointment with the Eduard 1/48 French 1916 personnel and it seems odd that, as you correctly observe, the poses do not match those shown in the box art and that the groundcrew clothing also differs. The same general point is true of the RFC personnel set; apparently the side box small print mentions this but surely one would assume the box art to reflect with some precision the actual contents? From my perspective the greater disappointment is that the stances are so limiting and uninspiring, aside from the mechanic just sitting on the grass.

With a clear, if "off the wall" idea in mind for a diorama, I have shopped around in vain for more enterprising  groundcrew. It seems to me that the Eduard RFC personnel set is equally limiting, not least in conversion potential, and driven by the same formula: six figures of whom three are officers/aircrew and three are mechanic groundcrew in uninspiring stances.

My best hope seems to rest with a flurry of releases to coincide with the centenary commemorations over the years ahead. Do let us know if you unearth something new or find it possible to convert what you have.

Best wishes
Nigel

Offline Wackyracer

« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2014, 06:08:24 PM »
MDC (model design construction) also have a small range