Author Topic: Meng's Mess 410  (Read 10891 times)

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
Re: Meng's Mess 410
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2020, 10:26:25 PM »
And it happened here as well . My up-date for yesterday is no longer here , very puzzling ?????

Yesterday I was able to spray the RLM75 which is my own mix using Tamiya XF54 and XF50 at 5:1 and I tweaked it from there . This has been masked and I'm ready to spray the RLM74 .

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2020, 10:27:05 PM »
 :)

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch
Body and life is a vessel we use to travel the planet . Femininity is the gift , The miracle comes from what we do with it .

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2020, 11:45:26 PM »
I am Happy to hear yesterdays' updates are gone from your thread T! I thought Maybe I had gone through an Alien abduction or was hallucinating  :o It seems that ALL of Yesterdays Posts are gone, for example Brads Bristol Bulldog build and some other things I posted in  ???  That being said your 410 is looking great!
RAGIII
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 12:08:15 AM by RAGIII »
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #63 on: February 17, 2020, 12:25:26 AM »
Thanks Rick ,

Nice to hear that I'm not hallucinating after all . As you , I posted in a few threads as well as Brads , and yes everything is gone form yesterday . I did send a PM to Dave , but have not heard back from him yet , but with the time zones I'm sure he is sleeping right now .

Whole thing is just weird . I'm just glad the there wasn't much re-typing to do ! :o

Terri
« Last Edit: February 17, 2020, 07:00:34 AM by Terri »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline lcarroll

• Administrator
« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2020, 03:35:49 AM »
   First I've seen of this, and i have no idea what is going on. I'm certain Dave will be able to get this situation resolved through our ISP Folks once the sun come up in "Oz".
Cheers,
Lance

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #65 on: February 17, 2020, 08:09:14 AM »
I have heard back from Dave , and he is looking more into it . I know nothing about computers or the tec talk so with that being said ....

Work continues with a fair bit done . The RLM 74 is sprayed and back to the RLM 75 for the molting . The white band is provided in the kit as a decal , I just rather mask and paint these . Could never get the decals to work right resulting in touch ups . Clear coating is also finished and decaling can begin here shortly . While this was drying I made a start on painting the exhaust . I hand painted them Tamiya Hull Red after 10 minutes Vallejo environmental rust was brushed on and left to dry . These are also clear coated for the next stage in their weathering .

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #66 on: February 17, 2020, 08:09:50 AM »

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #67 on: February 17, 2020, 08:10:22 AM »

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #68 on: February 17, 2020, 08:10:53 AM »

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2020, 08:11:33 AM »

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2020, 08:12:07 AM »
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline lone modeller

« Reply #71 on: February 17, 2020, 08:44:10 AM »
This one is coming on really well Terri. All the time spent on painting is adding a very realistic finish to the model.

Stephen.

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #72 on: February 17, 2020, 11:02:46 PM »
Thanks Stephen , I did have to go back and re-touch up the white band on the tail . Wasn't wide enough . Decalling will start today , and there isn't very much so that part should go better quick for me . I haven't used Meng's decals before so don't know how well they are . More to follow soon ....

Terri
Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #73 on: February 18, 2020, 12:13:28 AM »
Fantastic Painting Terri! You have almost caught up with Me so I guess I better get moving on Mine  8)
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline Alexis

• Love the self
« Reply #74 on: February 18, 2020, 07:42:45 AM »
Thanks Rick  :) Not my best efforts for the molting but I'm rather pleased on how it turned out . Progress continues with the decals being applied . WIll be able to seal these later with a clear coat .

Hurra ! , Ich Leben Noch