Author Topic: Jeannin Stahltaube - a scratchbuild in 1/144 scale  (Read 426 times)

Offline Davos522

Re: Jeannin Stahltaube - a scratchbuild in 1/144 scale
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2024, 01:13:17 PM »
Breathtaking work. It seems 1:144 is the new 1:32 judging by the threads that have been popping up in the past week!

One small clarification, the scans of those period measured drawings I sent (and which are providing such a dandy backdrop for your photos, no?) were actually from various articles in the old WWI Aero magazine, not the Wingnut instructions... I don't actually have the Taube kit, although I wish I did.

Really looking forward to following this build.

Dutch

Offline William Adair

« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2024, 09:19:28 PM »
Whoops! Sorry about that. I no longer have the link from the gent who provided the page from the WNW instructions and pinned it on you  ;D
Those drawings in the background are indeed the ones you provided. Thank you so much. They have been a great reference as well as an attractive backdrop!  :)

Offline RAGIII

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2024, 05:07:01 AM »
I am continuing to be Very Impressed with this build. The Taube has so many unique features that are not necessarily easy to scratch build, and you are Nailing it in 1/144th scale!
RAGIII
"A man has to know his limitations": Harry Callahan

"Don't slop it on" Lynda Geisler

Offline William Adair

« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2024, 09:25:11 PM »

The top decking with the museum machine is fabric over steel tube.

That is fantastic info and had me running back to Marian Krzyzan's taube book to look at it more closely. It has six facets... phew!
That little piece of decking has been the most worrisome piece of the build so far.  The main difficulty is that I don't have any reliable measurement for its height so I've had to go by the total depth of the fuselage in that area, which seems to be 7.8mm.   ???

Online MR Bentley

• My Instagram feed
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2024, 09:57:12 PM »
Dang! that top plate is nuts!

Offline Mike Norris

• RAF Old and Bold
    • Mikes WW1 Aircraft Models
« Reply #20 on: Today at 02:07:57 AM »
Whoops! Sorry about that. I no longer have the link from the gent who provided the page from the WNW instructions and pinned it on you  ;D
Those drawings in the background are indeed the ones you provided. Thank you so much. They have been a great reference as well as an attractive backdrop!  :)
Hi Will,
I have the full PDF manual from WNW plus all of their photos.
If you want them PM me and I'll send them to you,

Mike

Retired - 27 years RAF service then 20 years Military Aerospace Technical Author/editor.