Author Topic: Hello from former New Englander now in Gulf Coast FL  (Read 171 times)

Offline Bowman

Hello from former New Englander now in Gulf Coast FL
« on: May 02, 2024, 09:25:55 AM »
I have only done maybe 2 biplanes in my career starting in 1963 back in the great Bay State of Massachusetts. I am now retired but hoping to escape back home to MA. Hoping to pick up some tips on rigging, most of my modelling has been on early Cold War jets with a smathering of WWII fighters and a few NSACARs. Seems like a decent site!

Offline Davos522

Re: Hello from former New Englander now in Gulf Coast FL
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2024, 02:20:26 PM »
Welcome to the best forum on the web from the wilds of Western Mass, you'll be happy to know the snow finally melted up here a couple of weeks ago... looking forward to seeing your work!

Dutch

Offline Bowman

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2024, 01:09:40 AM »
Thanks, I was born, raised and educated in the Berkshires. I have nothing to show in vintage WWI models as the only two I did, a Spad XIII and a Pfalz D.III, were done almost 40 years ago and are long gone. I have another ancient 1/48 Glencoe Pfalz D.III kit to use and try rigging and am looking at a Roden 1/48 Nieuport 28c-1.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2024, 02:25:44 AM by Bowman »

Offline IanB

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2024, 04:33:27 AM »
Welcome aboard!
I'm a Brit myself, but lived in Crystal River, FL for 7 years, and Hyannis (where I still have a house) for over 12, before ending up in Abu Dhabi!

Ian

Offline djuggie

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2024, 08:05:21 AM »
Welcome aboard and greetings from the middle of California.  We are a rabid group here and more than willing to share what we have.  We are addicted to photos so we need lots of them.  Any questions about biplanes will be answered here.

Dennis