Author Topic: Rise of Flight?  (Read 2218 times)

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
Re: Rise of Flight?
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2012, 11:51:58 PM »
The only issue I had installing it on windows7 64bit was with running the install file as an admin, which was something I didn't know about, being a mac guy.

It does sound like the download probably timed out. I think there's a log somewhere on your PC you can peek at for clues, but like Rizzo suggests, start by looking at the download file size.

Sorry to hear about your experience so far, it gets better :-)

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2012, 11:59:30 PM »
Thanks Riz & UT  ;)
Will check file size when I get home.

I'm a Mac dude, too! Macbook pro - would be lost without it  :)

Von Buckle

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline N.C.S.E

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2012, 10:07:35 AM »
The torrent is the way to go IMHO. Often the browsers flip out if it is taking too long and says you've done it when it's only half way, hence the corrupted file.
The years to come seem waste of breathe, a waste of breathe on balance with this life, this death. - W.M.Yeates

Offline bobs_buckles

• Freedom isn't free.
    • Bobs Buckles
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2012, 04:54:24 PM »
Can I use uTorrent to download the file? If so, how do I initiate  the process?

Cheers,
Von Buckle  8)

https://www.bobsbuckles.co.uk/

Last Minute Man Of Faith

Offline uncletony

• Aircraft In Pixels
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2012, 09:56:27 PM »
uTorrent should work fine. Don't know the specifics of using that particular client, but I think you just basically enter the torrent address and hit go...

Offline xmald

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2012, 06:40:14 AM »
Yep, I`ve got it and fly it. For the Germany my current plane is Albatros DIII.  The only con of this game is AI. The enemies are really dumb. I`m able to beat them easilly even with 100% realism.( the only option turned on is warmed up engines). However I recommend this game for every WWI aviation fan. It`s gorgeus!
Best regards
Filip

WarrenD

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2012, 01:50:12 AM »
I'm sure no expert, but I have to say, I'm very disappointed in the flight model for some of the a/c, most particularly the Albatros series. It flies like a moving van.  (My very first piece of software I bought for a PC was a combat flight sim, in January of '94, and that's been my favorite gaming activity on computers ever since. )  The AI, as some of you have mentioned, leaves a great deal to be desired, especially in the Beta career mode, I've heard the Pat Wilson Campaign Generator has improved that somewhat.
When you look at it, it's a terribly, terribly expensive sim, I won't even look at what I've spent on RoF.  Personally, I don't like that, but it's the only game in town if you want a WWI flight sim experience aside from OFF which I can't get to run on my PC since my latest upgrade back in 2011.

Warren

Offline Rizzo

« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2013, 10:26:36 PM »
I purchased the Felixstowe recently, and it's fast becoming one of my favourites... and I'm hoping WnW make another giant kit in the future, it's such a beautiful aircraft.

WarrenD

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2014, 08:11:49 AM »
Just thought I'd resuscitate this thread from the musty depths to see if there are any more fellow modelers that are also simmers. Rizzo, I love flying my Felixstowe!  Looks like you got your wish in the form of a WNW kit!

Warren

Offline Umlaufmotor

« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2015, 04:11:02 AM »
I fly ROF also on the first day. However, only offline all these years.
My favorite toy is the Fokker Dreidecker. Extremely difficult learning curve, but once you get the bow, then the thing makes hell of fun.
Also, the Camel, but for this bird, I need more practice.
But the greatest challenge was learning the (accident-free) landing a Fokker EV/D.VIII.

Virtual Flyer Greetings to all knights of the air in this forum  ;D

WarrenD

« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2015, 09:33:37 AM »
Great to hear Bertl!  777 Studios just made a flight model revision recently, and some folks, especially some Dreidecker pilots are not happy.  :'(  They slowed the Dreidecker and Camel down a bit to more accurately reflect historical speeds.
I need to start flying off-line more using Pat Wilson's campaign generator.

Warren