Author Topic: Quite a warm day  (Read 2229 times)

Offline Whiteknuckles

Re: Quite a warm day
« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2013, 03:28:29 PM »
We had many strike teams (consisting of 4 or so appliances) out yesterday and still have a few out today including one south of where Des resides. I expected to be assigned to one as I'm on a water tanker today but the weather has eased - not required to form another strike team. So today I've ferried another tanker back to its base and helped take down a charity christmas tree in town (about two storeys high). Tomorrow I'm driving our Rescue Pumper before going on 4 weeks of annual leave, yahoo!!

The hot weather we have experienced will only subside for a little while and by the end of this week we will be back to total fire ban days with similar if not worse temperatures. So hang in there Des and Dal (who lives further south again), its going to be hot, hot, hot :P

Andrew
Eternal Apprentice

Offline Dal Gavan

« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2013, 07:11:19 PM »
G'day, Des and Andrew.

I'm glad to read that both of you have avoided the fires so far.  Things were getting very tense for you and Adrienne, Des.

I'm back from the farm, things got a bit hairy when the fire started in the gorge, but they seem to be under control now (http://www.goulburnpost.com.au/story/1225658/tallong-fire-declared-very-secure/?cs=12).  Badgery's Point Lookout is about 8km from the farm (Kettles Lane), so I'm keeping a eye on it. We can't get the horses out yet- we're trying to get a loan of a float- so I'll be going back up there again tomorrow to look after them (and my stash- I picked a great time to move it up to the farm...)

Ah well, that's Oz- Beautiful one day, crispy the next. 

Dal.

Offline Chris Johnson

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2013, 11:48:16 PM »
I don't think I'd do well in heat like you fellows experience. Stay safe on the line Andrew!

Cheers,

Chris
You can have it good; You can have it fast; you can have it cheap. Pick any two, but all three are impossible.

WarrenD

« Reply #18 on: January 11, 2013, 12:01:04 PM »
It's been in the news here Des, and even broadcast on the classroom news my students get. I explained to them about the weather service down there adding a new color to the weather maps to account for the increased heat of 122+F.  I've kept you and other modeling friends down there in my prayers.

Stay frosty!

Warren