Author Topic: CMK Le Rhône 9J in 1:32?  (Read 411 times)

Offline Davos522

CMK Le Rhône 9J in 1:32?
« on: September 24, 2023, 09:27:33 AM »
I've run into a problem with the Le Rhône on my Nieuport 16 project. The Amodel kit has what at first looked to be a usable engine, (with a few hours of cleanup) but when I looked more closely a major problem became apparent:

There's only one set of induction pipes included in the kit, and they're only useful if you're building the 9C version, in which they were mounted on the front of the engine... when you reverse them they end up on the wrong side of the cylinders.

Does anyone have any experience with the CMK resin Le Rhône 9J? I see they're available for a reasonable price... I'm sure they're not the same quality as a Taurus Le Rhône, but even if I could find one—they've been listed as out of stock ever since I've been looking at the website—I'm not about to pay 2 or 3X the price of the original kit just for a motor.

Dutch

Offline Brad Cancian

• Administrator
  • "This time I've got you, Red Baron!"
    • Brad's Models
Re: CMK Le Rhône 9J in 1:32?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2023, 09:59:44 AM »
Hi Dutch - not sure on the CMK engines, but can I suggest a fix?

Simply chop the induction pipes off the kit part, attach the central piece to the back of the engine, and re-attach the induction pipes the other way around. Voila! (and much cheaper) :)

Cheers,

Brad

Offline Davos522

Re: CMK Le Rhône 9J in 1:32?
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2023, 10:52:56 AM »
Brad

That never occurred to me, but it's certainly worth a try. Thanks!

Dutch