Author Topic: Projekt Eindecker: WnW Fok. E.I (Early)  (Read 4261 times)

Offline KiwiZac

• Global Moderator
    • My Linktree
Re: Projekt Eindecker: WnW Fok. E.I (Early)
« Reply #60 on: April 08, 2024, 06:05:17 PM »
Simply beautiful work Dutch, that cockpit is gorgeous!!
Zac in NZ

Offline NigelR

« Reply #61 on: April 08, 2024, 06:56:02 PM »
Lovely attention to detail, we know it's worth all the effort.

The cockpit consumed untold hours, and could have consumed half again as many more
Schrodinger has you firmly in his grip........ ;D

Offline Davos522

« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2024, 10:47:10 AM »
Thank you all for your encouragement. I've said it before, but the feedback is hugely important in providing motivation.

- PrzemoL, again, if my E.I comes out half as good as your build of Wintgens' high-wing bird I'll consider it a smashing success...
- Fredrik, the question of how I did the finish on the fuel tank has come up before, but honestly I don't remember what I did to achieve it... it was a base of Testor's Copper in the little old-fashioned square bottle, but then I most likely went over it with multiple washes of Dr. P.H. Martin's Bombay India Ink, which I probably wiped back with alcohol. I'm doing either an E.II or E.IV next, so I'll make a point to record how I go about it.
- Ben, thanks, in my "day job" I'm a landscape painter, so the variations of color you mention pretty much come as second nature. And it's one of the things I admire so about your paint work as well!
- Gary, no need to take notes on my work, just go back and read your build thread and the article on Immelmann's E.II in MAI, since they're two of my main sources of inspiration! (But thanks, that was a great confidence-booster)
- Zac, thanks a ton. And if you happen to bump into Jamo at the aerodrome next time you get back there tell him his photos of the E.III have been invaluable.
 - And Nigel, that might be the reason it's been taking so long to make any progress on this kit; half the time when I go down to work on it, it's simply not there... :P

Dutch

Offline Davos522

« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2024, 10:13:26 AM »
It's been over a month since I posted anything on this thread, but the odd nature of Projekt Eindecker dictates that the models themselves actually have to take a back seat to the decal design process... which is full of a host of built-in delays. But I thought this picture was worth posting simply because it shows four generations of production Fokker monoplane fuselages, the Wingnut E.I, E.II/III, E.IV, and the Mikro Mir E.V (which is not part of the Aviattic decal project, that's something I'm building on my own):

And yes, I'm aware that the E.II/III fuselage wasn't made of wood :D  ...but I use whatever random sheets of material I have at hand to cut my pre-production test decals—in this case it was the dark walnut veneer. It does look pretty sexy, though, kind of makes me want to do an A-H seaplane with a mahogany hull...

Dutch
« Last Edit: May 16, 2024, 10:19:40 AM by Davos522 »

Offline NigelR

« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2024, 06:36:14 PM »
Good to see some progress here. I'm looking forward to those Eindecker decals, the early test shots of them look very nice.

Offline macsporran

« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2024, 06:48:45 PM »
Phew! Glad this one (!) is progressing. Those interiors are superb.
Looking forward to decal application.
Sandy

Offline William Adair

« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2024, 09:55:48 PM »
Looking great! It's especially interesting to see all of the fuselages together. I didn't realise how long the E.IV was  :o

Online ondra

« Reply #67 on: May 16, 2024, 11:32:13 PM »
I almost missed this thread. Great progress so far, I will definitely follow the builds.

Cheers.

Ondra